Palace chasing two defenders to unlock Guehi sale

Palace chasing two defenders to unlock Guehi sale

Images courtesy of Getty

Before the transfer window closes, Crystal Palace may be able to secure the signing of Marc Guehi from Liverpool.

The Premier League champions have been in discussions with Guehi regarding a potential £35 million move, but Palace boss Oliver Glasner claimed the centre-half “has” planned to stay at the club past the deadline of Monday.

Although there is still no consensus between the two teams, Liverpool has benefited from being encouraged. Palace are prepared to sell the England defender and are actively working to improve at centre-back.

Guehi, the captain of Palace, has stated his intention to not negotiate a new deal with the palace.

Guehi’s contract expires the following summer, but Glasner has publicly stated his desire to keep him. However, the Eagles are reluctant to let him leave on a free transfer. A £65 million deal to sell Guehi to Newcastle was rejected last year.

The 19-year-old Jaydee Canvot, 19, has attracted interest from Palace, and negotiations for the highly-regarded central defender are still in progress.

They have approached Manchester City defender Manuel Akanji, but the Swiss international is said to have reservations about making the switch. They are also looking for an experienced centre-half.

Ousmane Diomande has been Palace’s first-choice target, but they haven’t been able to get the Ivory Coast international.

Another defender Palace are alleged to be interested in is Roma’s Evan Ndicka.

When the window closes, Glasner said on Friday, “Guehi has to]be a Palace player.”

related subjects

  • Liverpool
  • Premier League
  • Crystal Palace
  • Football

Source: BBC

234Radio

234Radio is Africa's Premium Internet Radio that seeks to export Africa to the rest of the world.