The hip-hop group Kneecap has announced that they are suing Canadian MP Vince Gasparro because they allege he made “untrue” and “deeply malicious” accusations against him.
Irish hip hop group Kneecap have announced that they are taking legal action against Canadian MP Vince Gasparro after he accused the group of heightening “political violence” and “publicly [displaying support for terrorist [groups.”
The group, who are well-known for their satirical lyrics, were scheduled to play in Toronto and Vancouver last month, but they were expelled after the MP made the allegations in front of the public.
He claimed that Kneecap allegedly supported “Hezbollah and Hamas,” a form of terrorism.
He continued, “As parliamentary secretary for combating crime, I am announcing that the Kneecap members have been deemed ineligible to enter Canada immediately.”
But now it has emerged in new documents that the office of Canadian Prime Minister Mark Carney “was not involved in the decision” for Vince Gasparro to make the announcement.’
And this has now prompted the group to share a statement on Instagram. The statement read: “A message to Vince Gasparro: In September we said you made comments about us that were wholly untrue and deeply malicious. You did.”
It added: “It now transpires you also lied by telling the world you were acting on behalf of the Government of Canada. This was another lie. You were not. Your own government has made this clear. Today we are serving legal action against you. As we said, we will be relentless in defending ourselves against outrageous and baseless accusations.”
Then, it continued, “Vince. Every penny of your winnings will be donated to the thousands of young amputees in Gaza when we beat you in court, which we will. Finally, to the many Canadian fans out there, we are working to address the “compliance issues” that your IRCC has raised.
We have already played in sold-out shows across your country before coming back to Canada in 2026, the statement read. FREE PALESTINE
Members of the group have also been involved in legal disputes before, though this is not the first time. After the dismissal of his terrorism charge in September, Liam g hAnnaidh was in good spirits.
He was charged with Hezbollah flag display at one of the group’s London shows in November of the year before appearing in Woolwich Crown Court as Mo Chara, a better-known fan.
The trio still remained innocent, though. The case should be dismissed, according to Mo Chara’s legal team, who argued that the charge’s filing system had been flawed.
The judge ruled in September, and the case was dismissed.
Mo addressed his supporters outside the court after the verdict was made public. He thanked my legal team in a huge way. To all at Phoenix Law, including Dr. Jude, Binne, Brenda, Gareth, and Dr. My interpreter, Susan, deserves a special thanks.
He continued, “This process was never about me, never about any threat to the public, nor was it about” terrorism,” a term used by your government to discredit those you oppress. Gaza was the subject of the entire conversation. What transpires if you dare to speak up. We are familiar with genocide, colonialism, famine, and oppression as Irish people. Under “your empire,” we have suffered and still suffer.
We are correct, and you are wrong, he continued, “but your attempts to silence us have failed.” We’ll keep our silence. We promised to win your court case against you. We are. The British state is the one who is guilty of terrorism on earth. Palestine that is free! Tiocfaidh ár lá. “
READ MORE: Lindt shoppers can get huge 40-piece chocolate gift box for less than £30 in Black Friday deal
Source: Mirror

Leave a Reply