‘I never had any issues’ – Rybakina glad to have suspended coach back

‘I never had any issues’ – Rybakina glad to have suspended coach back

Images courtesy of Getty

Elena Rybakina, a 2016 US Open champion, says she is relieved to have Stefano Vukov back on her team despite receiving a ban for his actions toward her.

The 38-year-old Croat’s conduct was flagged as a WTA Code of Conduct violation earlier this year.

Vukov has denied any wrongdoing, and Rybakina, 26, has claimed that he has never mistreated her.

After successfully challenging the suspension and returning to his position earlier this month, he is now working with the 2022 Wimbledon champion once more.

Rybakina, who plays Czech Marketa Vondrousova in the fourth round on Sunday in New York, said, “I never had any issues with him.

“We obviously have good communication, but we never had a problem,” he said.

Vukov and Rybakina co-founded the All England Club, helping the world number 10 win her first Grand Slam.

Rybakina announced her end to the partnership shortly before the US Open last year.

At the beginning of this year, she replaced Goran Ivanisevic as Novak Djokovic’s former coach, but the brief spell ended with the Australian Open, which ultimately led to Vukov’s eventual return.

Over the past few seasons, Vukov’s behavior toward Rybakina has sussed concerns, most notably from coach and commentator Pam Shriver.

In a statement made at the Australian Open in January, Rybakina claimed she never complained about Vukov and that she had no issues with the WTA in terms of my feelings for Stefano.

Vukov fought back against the WTA’s decision to impose the suspension, which was overturned following a hearing before an independent tribunal.

The WTA stated to BBC Sport that it is “fully committed to providing a safe and respectful environment for all athletes and other participants” following the appeal.

We can confirm that Mr. Vukov is qualified to receive credentials at WTA events, the governing body continued. We won’t be adding any more comments.

After defeating Britain’s Emma Raducanu on Friday, Rybakina made it to the US Open fourth round for the first time in her career.

Rybakina claims to be feeling better and happier now that she has overcome her sleep disorder, which has troubled her for the past two years, with her.

At the conclusion of the previous season, she decided to take an extended break from the WTA Tour after the issue caused her immune system to malfunction.

Rybakina missed her second-round match against the US Open in the US until November after withdrawing due to illness.

She continued, “I’m pretty happy that it’s now much better and I haven’t issues.”

“I believe we are achieving my goals and moving closer, and we are physically doing a pretty good job,” she said. Although there isn’t much time between tournaments, I’m happy with how the work is currently proceeding.

related subjects

  • Tennis

Source: BBC

234Radio

234Radio is Africa's Premium Internet Radio that seeks to export Africa to the rest of the world.