George Clooney admits ‘he can’t speak’ after sinus infection as he returns to red carpet

George Clooney admits ‘he can’t speak’ after sinus infection as he returns to red carpet

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article35811685.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/1_Jay-Kelly-Red-Carpet-The-82nd-Venice-International-Film-Festival.jpg

Due to “a bad sinus infection,” Hollywood legend George Clooney was forced to reschedule performances at the Venice Film Festival, but it didn’t stop him from rocking the red carpet last night.

Amal and George Clooney attended the premiere for Jay Kelly(Image: Max Cisotti/Dave Benett/WireImag)

Hollywood legend George Clooney admitted “I can’t speak” despite returning to the red carpet last night having missed film festival events due to “a bad sinus infection”.

The four-time Golden Globe winner pulled out of press conferences and photo-calls at the Venice Film Festival due to the health concerns. The 64-year-old star did, though, make it for the world premiere of his latest film Jay Kelly, and was snapped on the red carpet with glamorous wife Amal.

But at several points, Clooney was seen clutching his throat and reportedly broke off to explain to the crowds: “I can’t speak!” The mysterious health scare had sparked concern among fans earlier on Thursday, but insiders stressed to The Hollywood Reporter there was nothing to worry about.

READ MORE: Richard Osman’s ‘one strict rule’ with rockstar brother after difficult childhoodREAD MORE: Harry Potter director takes swipe at HBO series after first look at Nick Frost’s Hagrid

Clooney overcame health concerns to attend the red carpet event - but reportedly said 'I can't speak'
Clooney overcame health concerns to attend the red carpet event – but reportedly said ‘I can’t speak’(Image: Getty Images)

Clooney, who was born in Kentucky, reportedly “so devastated” he couldn’t attend the Jay Kelly press conference. The event in Venice was attended by his co-stars, including Adam Sandler, Laura Dern, and Billy Crudup.

Noah Baumbach, the director of the movie, said, “Even movie stars get sick.” George Clooney, the moderator of the press conference, stated to reporters that he should not be present because he has a bad sinus infection and that he is “sorry he can’t be with us.”

However, Clooney, a father of two, managed to survive the 30-minute red carpet performance in Venice, where the actors posed for camera-ready photos and addressed reporters. Clooney and Amal both appeared on the red carpet despite Clooney admitting he had trouble speaking.

READ MORE: George Clooney leads stacked all-star cast in first-look at heartwarming Netflix comedy

The Hollywood A-lister, 64, was photographed arriving in Venice in a water taxi on Tuesday
The Hollywood A-lister, 64, was photographed arriving in Venice in a water taxi on Tuesday(Image: Getty Images)

In the film, Clooney plays the the titular Kelly, a famous movie star, while Sandler plays his devoted manager, as they embark on a journey of self discovery on a trip across Europe.

Baumbach and Ocean’s Eleven star George Clooney spoke about writing the movie together, saying, “I’ve known George over the years and have been wanting to find something to do with him, and we started saying, This is going to be George.

I thought it was crucial that the audience who was watching the film have a relationship with the character’s actor, so that everyone in the audience has a connection with George, just as Jay’s fans do.

The movie’s “the character is running from himself for so much of it, and I was trying to hide,” the actor said, “and what I was asking of George was more and more of himself as he does that.”

Continue reading the article.

Source: Mirror

234Radio

234Radio is Africa's Premium Internet Radio that seeks to export Africa to the rest of the world.