
Alejandro Garnacho, a Manchester United outcast, was signed by Chelsea on Saturday for a reportedly $40 million ($54 million) fee.
The 21-year-old Argentine international has a seven-year contract with the world champions.
Garnacho was present at Stamford Bridge to watch the Blues defeat Fulham 2-0 to lift the Premier League title.
“It’s a wonderful club for my family and I,” he said. Garnacho remarked, “I can’t wait to start.”
“We are the best team in the world, and to watch the Club World Cup is special,” said one participant. He continued, “I’m very happy and it’s amazing that I’m here.
READ ALSO: Chelsea Can Beat Fulham With VAR Controversy, READ ALSO
Garnacho made 26 goals in 144 United appearances, including the goalkeeper’s 2-1 FA Cup victory over Manchester City in 2024.
However, he lost interest with Ruben Amorim at Old Trafford and was a member of a small group that included Antony and Jadon Sancho, who had been kept from first team training with the rest of the squad this year.
Chelsea’s spending in this window has grown to more than £250 million thanks to Garnacho’s arrival.
Enzo Maresca has also expanded his attacking options with Joao Pedro, Liam Delap, Estevao, and Jamie Gittens.
However, Nicolas Jackson’s loan to Bayern Munich could be prevented by a hamstring injury suffered by Delap against Fulham.
The Senegalese international was supposed to join the Bundesliga champions, but according to reports, Chelsea have ordered Jackson to move back to London, with Pedro as the only fit player.
It’s sufficient when you have two strikers. When one of them has been injured for several weeks, Maresca said, “probably it’s not enough,” adding that he anticipates Delap to miss six to eight weeks.
Source: Channels TV
Leave a Reply