Davina McCall ‘secretly engaged to boyfriend Michael Douglas after seven years’

The Masked Singer star Davina McCall is reportedly set to wed again, with the presenter engaged to boyfriend Michael Douglas according to reports.

Friends of the star, 57, told The Sun that the couple secretly got engaged this summer. “Everyone is so thrilled for them,” a friend reportedly told the publication.

The Mirror has approached Davina’s representatives for comment. It comes just days after Michael told The Mirror that plans for marriage were in the near future.






Davina McCall and Michael Douglas are reportedly engaged to be married
(
Getty)

He told us at the National Television Awards: “There could be wedding bells on the way, who knows, I’m not going anywhere else if that’s why you mean.

“But we’re in no rush for any of that, we just enjoy each others company.”

Davina and hair stylist Michael first met when he began working on her hair while she hosted Big Brother. They found love decades later and went public with their relationship in 2019.

The couple moved in together in 2023 and Michael has been there for Davina through her recent health scare – with the presenter undergoing surgery on her brain for a benign brain tumour last year.

Prior to Michael, Davina was married to shop manager Andrew Leggett for a few months in 1997. She later wed TV presenter Matthew Robertson, best known for Pet Rescue.

The couple married at Eastnor Castle in Herefordshire in 2000 and went onto have three children: Holly, 23, Tilly, 21 and Chester, 18. Matthew and Davina divorced in 2018.

Now, according to The Sun, Davina and Michael got engaged before heading to Burning Man festival in Nevada three weeks ago to celebrate.

A friend told the publication: “To say it has been a rollercoaster year for her is an understatement.

“Whilst surgery was, of course, traumatic, she made peace with a lot in the days and weeks leading up to it.

“Then, having survived, she had a new lease of life — as so many do who have been in similar situations.”

They added that Michael has been “her absolute rock” during recovery and that they’re like “lovesick teenagers” with “insane” chemistry.

“Basically Davina thought ‘f*** it, life is short’, and decided it was time to, as the kids say, lock in the love of her life,” they continued.

* Join The Mirror’s WhatsApp Community or follow us on Google News , Flipboard , Apple News, TikTok , Snapchat , Instagram , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube and Threads – or visit The Mirror homepage.

Conjoined Twins Hassana, Husaina Return To Kano After Separation Surgery In Saudi Arabia

Conjoined twins, Hassana and Husaina, have returned to Nigeria after undergoing a complex and successful separation surgery in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The young girls, who were previously joined at the lower abdomen, pelvis, and spine, arrived quietly at the Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport on Thursday to a formal reception attended by government officials and a delegation from Saudi Arabia.

Their arrival was marked by warm greetings from Governor Abba Yusuf, members of his cabinet, and Saudi representatives.

READ ALSO: Kano Bans Unlicensed Chainsaw Use To Tackle Illegal Tree Felling

“This is not just a medical success, but a humanitarian one,” said Governor Yusuf, who received the twins and their parents at the airport.

“We are thankful to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia for its generous intervention. Kano State will take full responsibility for the welfare, education, and overall development of Hassana and Husaina,” he assured.

The twins underwent a complex separation surgery in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

The separation surgery took place at King Abdullah Specialist Children’s Hospital in King Abdulaziz Medical City, Riyadh.

It was carried out under the directives of King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

The twins were taken to Riyadh in October 2023, where they underwent several months of advanced medical assessment.

Doctors found that the girls shared critical anatomical structures, making their case especially complicated.

A team of 38 specialists, including pediatric surgeons, neurosurgeons, orthopaedic surgeons, anaesthesiologists, urologists, and plastic surgeons, performed the procedure over nine carefully planned stages, lasting approximately 14 hours.

“The operation was one of the most challenging in the history of our program,” said Dr Abdullah Al-Rabeeah, who is the head of the surgical team.

“But the success gives hope to many families around the world facing similar medical conditions,” Al-Rabeeah added.

The Saudi Siamese Twins Separation Programme, under which the surgery was performed, has now completed 65 successful separations involving 150 twins from 25 countries over the past 35 years.

Doctors found that the girls shared critical anatomical structures, making their case especially complicated.

The programme is internationally recognised as one of the world’s leading initiatives for conjoined twin separation and medical humanitarianism.

Representing the Saudi government at the airport, the Consular General of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in Kano, Khalil Ahmed Al-Admawi, praised the outcome as a reflection of his country’s humanitarian priorities.

“This operation demonstrates Saudi Arabia’s commitment to global medical assistance.

“We are proud of our partnership with Nigeria and will continue to offer support through the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Centre,” Al-Admawi said.

The twins and their parents were transported from the airport to a medical facility for further observation and post-surgery care.

Though the reception was modest, the significance of the moment was deeply felt by those present.

Charlie Sheen’s daughter Sami in tears over dad’s documentary revelation after cutting contact

Charlie Sheen is the focus of a new Netflix documentary and his estranged daughter Sami Sheen has suggested that she has already watched it following its release earlier this week

Sami Sheen has said that she was unaware that she was the catalyst for her father Charlie Sheen’s sobriety. It comes following the release of his new documentary titled aka Charlie Sheen, released on Netflix this week.

In the documentary and his memoir, The Book of Sheen, Charlie, 60, disclosed that a conversation with his eldest daughter prompted him to give up alcohol and drugs permanently, as reported by Bang Show. He shared that in 2017, after consuming three coffees with whiskey, he had to ask a friend to collect Sami from an appointment.

Her reaction is said to have led him to swear off alcohol and drug for good. Charlie said: “Sam was very quiet. I didn’t need to be clairvoyant to know exactly what she was thinking. ‘Why is Dad not driving – again? Why isn’t it just the two of us in the car like it used to be? When will that moment ever return? When will Dad ever return? I miss him.'”.

READ MORE: Why Charlie Sheen’s dad Martin and brother Emilio Estevez do not appear in Netflix docREAD MORE: Charlie Sheen’s biggest documentary bombshells – from plane prank to skipping rehab

Sami Sheen, pictured, suggested in a TikTok this week that she had watched her father Charlie Sheen’s new documentary(Image: Sami Sheen/TikTok)
Charlie Sheen, in a white shirt, black trousers and a dark jacket, stood beside Denise Richards, in a black top and trousers, on a red carpet in September 2025.
Charlie (left), pictured with Sami’s mother Denise Richards (right), is the focus of Netflix’s aka Charlie Sheen and has also just released the memoir the Book of Sheen(Image: Michael Buckner/Variety via Getty Images)

Now, OnlyFans model Sami, 21, who no longer speaks to Charlie, has said that she was oblivious to the fact that she was the reason for his sobriety. She posted a video of hearing appearing slightly tearful, with melancholic music playing in the background.

She wrote over the video on TikTok: “I didn’t know I was the reason he got sober.” Sami added in the caption of the post uploaded yesterday: “Honestly a 10/10 documentary.”

It follows Charlie’s previous claim that he was clueless as to why Sami, whose mother is actor Denise Richards, stopped speaking to him. Sami previously shared that she severed all communication with her father after he failed to check on her following an operation.

Speaking on Good Morning America recently, Charlie said: “I feel like as long as everybody’s still in the game, there’s always a shot for a better tomorrow, you know. I don’t really know what I did, that’s the problem.

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to yet apologise for. But I have absolute faith that it’s not a forever thing, and her and I will work it out. You know, we have a history of that that’s too valuable to let, you know, some moment destroy all of that.”

Charlie also disclosed that since getting sober, his bonds with all of his other children have strengthened. He’s also a parent to Lola, 20, with Denise, 16 year old twins Max and Bob with Brooke Mueller, and to daughter Cassandra Estevez, 40, with a previous partner.

He said: “We have relationships, you know? And we have legitimate ones. And they really have nothing to do with anything that I do for a living.”

Charlie is said to have quit drugs in 2015, the same year that he announced his HIV diagnosis. He has reportedly remained completely sober since ditching alcohol in 2017, with him celebrating eight years of sobriety this year.

Article continues below

Frank offers confidential advice about drugs and addiction (email frank@talktofrank.com, message 82111 or call 0300 123 6600) or the NHS has information about getting help.

If you are struggling with alcohol abuse or addiction, advice and support can be found at alcoholchange.org.uk

Nigerians Can’t Afford Another Fuel Scarcity — Tonye Cole

The All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in the 2023 Rivers election, Tonye Cole, has warned that Nigerians cannot afford another fuel scarcity.

Cole, co-founder and former Group Executive Director of Sahara Group, spoke during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today programme on Friday.

“Nigerians cannot afford another scarcity of fuel today. People are already in such a difficult situation, and another crisis would only worsen their suffering.”

Cole noted that the government intervened quickly to mediate between Dangote Refinery and NUPENG because preventing disruption was critical to citizens’ welfare.

FILE PHOTO: Nigerians with different gallons queue up at a filling station in Lagos. Photo Credit: Channels TV/Victor Kalu

Unionisation Debate

Cole stressed that unions play a vital role in ensuring checks and balances between employers, employees, and government.

“In a democracy, unions remain a necessary balance,” he said. “They give workers a strong lobbying voice, while the government must represent the interests of the people.”

Tonye Cole

Asked whether Dangote Refinery was handling the issue properly, Cole responded, “If they signed an agreement, integrity demands that they honour it, or call all parties to renegotiate.”

READ ALSO: NUPENG Threatens To Resume Strike, Accuses Dangote Refinery Of Breaching Agreement

On monopoly fears, he warned against allowing a single company to dominate Nigeria’s fuel market.

“Competition makes businesses stronger and benefits citizens most. Monopoly is extremely dangerous and unacceptable,” he said.

He added that while market disruption is natural in business, using government forces to ban competitors would harm citizens and the economy.

Strike Threat Resurfaces

Barely 48 hours after suspending its nationwide strike, the Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) accused Dangote Refinery of reneging on its commitments.

In a statement signed by President Williams Akporeha and General Secretary Afolabi Olawale, the union warned it could resume industrial action.

“We are placing our members on red alert for the resumption of the suspended strike,” the statement read. “We call on labour groups and civil society to stand in solidarity.”

NUPENG said Dangote Refinery ordered truck drivers to remove union stickers from their vehicles despite signing an agreement at the DSS office.

The union urged the Federal Government to stop security agencies from being used “with impunity” against workers’ rights, warning that agreements must be respected.

Agreement and MoU

Present at the meeting are the national executives of NUPENG and officials of the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) and the Trade Union Congress (TUC).

NUPENG had suspended its strike on Tuesday after an agreement with Dangote Refinery to recognise employees’ right to unionise.

The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed at the DSS meeting stated that unionisation must commence immediately and be completed within two weeks.

It also ensured that no worker would be punished for joining a union and that the employer would not create a parallel union.

Signatories included Dangote Group, Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA), Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC), and the Federal Ministry of Labour and Employment.

Union Dispute

The strike initially began when NUPENG alleged that Dangote Refinery was hiring new drivers on the condition that they not join the union.

Dangote’s management dismissed the allegation as “cheap blackmail”, insisting operations continued normally and stressing there was no fuel shortage during the strike.

NUPENG/Dangote photo combo

The refinery, which has a 650,000 barrels-per-day capacity, is Africa’s largest and aims to reduce Nigeria’s dependence on imported petrol.