One Million Lawyers Wouldn’t Have Changed Judgement On Nnamdi Kanu — Former Counsel 

No number of lawyers could have altered the court’s decision convicting him of terrorism, according to Aloy Ejimakor, former counsel&nbsp to the proscribed leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

Ejimakor refuted suggestions that more legal counsel might have affected the outcome in a Monday interview with Channels Television’s The Morning Brief program.

He claimed that “one million lawyers supporting Nnamdi Kanu would have altered the outcome of the case.”

Nnamdi Kanu poses in court in a file photo.

The lawyer claimed that the court’s authority was invalid despite the fact that the evidence did not specifically link Kanu’s broadcasts to the South-East’s hostility.

The deed has been completed. Although the judge may have believed there was enough evidence to support his conviction, verdict, and sentence, I disagree.

I could not see a direct connection between the violence that claimed numerous lives and the broadcasts. Today, there is more violence. Are the broadcasts still going on? “he said.

READ ALSO: I’ve Been Working With FG To Solve Orji Kalu’s Issue

Ejimakor claimed that Kanu’s trial resembled historical ones involving prominent public figures and political figures, and that Kanu’s prosecution exhibited a similar pattern.

Before Pontius Pilate, the people who brought Jesus had already made up their minds. They urged the crucification of Christ and refused to release another condemned man.

Nelson Mandela was found guilty in any case despite not being involved in any violent activity in South Africa. No weapon was discovered. His personality was viewed as a threat.

He also made reference to the 1960 Awolowo case, saying that while he was a civilian, he had been accused of trying to overthrow the government. He had neither the means nor the opportunity, according to no evidence.

“In this particular case (Nnamdi Kanu), I’m not saying the judge was biased, but it was obvious that the system was determined to get him convicted.” He was taken in Kenya the day after that.

A photograph of Abuja’s Federal High Court.

Kanu was found guilty of seven terrorist counts on Thursday, and Justice James Omotosho handed him a life sentence.

He ruled that Kanu’s broadcasts caused threats to diplomatic missions, infrastructure destruction, and attacks on security forces.

Justice Omotosho argued that self-determination cannot be achieved through violence and that Nigeria is still an indivisible state.

He demanded that Kanu’s transmitter be forfeited and that he be held in a secure facility without access to the internet.

Kanu’s attorneys argued that the sentence was excessive and made an appeal.

Ejimakor criticized Kanu’s move to the Sokoto Custodial Center, saying it had separated him from his family and legal team.

Nnamdi Kanu’s Transfer To Sokoto Prison ‘Surprising, Insensitive’ — Ejimakor

Former IPOB leader Nnamdi Kanu’s counsel, Aloy Ejimakor, has criticised the move to the Sokoto Custodial Centre.

On Monday, Ejimakor addressed Kanu’s ability to pursue his appeal from Sokoto while speaking on Channels Television’s The Morning Brief program, describing the transfer as “surprising” and “insensitive.”

“It surprised me, and I think everyone else did it, that he was taken from Abuja and transported to Sokoto, which is in the northernmost part of North-West Nigeria,” I said.

You’ll start to wonder if Sokoto can pursue this appeal. You’ll inquire about how he will go about filing it, he said.

READ ALSO: [UPDATED] Court Sentences Nnamdi Kanu To Life Imprisonment, Claims IPOB Leader To Be An “International Terrorist”

In accordance with Justice James Omotosho’s ruling, the Department of State Services moved Kanu to the Sokoto facility on Friday. According to a security source, the transfer occurred after his terrorism conviction and sentence.

Jurisdiction-related Questions

The lawyer argued that the Abuja Division remained the appropriate venue while the Sokoto Division of the Court of Appeal claimed that the case was not in the hands of the court of appeal.

The judge is not to blame for placing him in Sokoto. The executive branch, particularly the Correctional Service, is in charge once a sentence is issued. These concerns were perhaps not taken into account in that decision. His rights are being treated very poorly. Prisoners still have rights.

“Can Nnamdi Kanu successfully file his appeal or even start it from that location in Sokoto?” No, that’s the answer. In an effort to improve the detention conditions, what might transpire in the upcoming days or weeks.

There are other prisons in Abuja, according to the statement. He claimed that having those amenities nearby his relatives and legal advisors would have been better.

Ejimakor explained that Kanu’s presence was required unless he hired a lawyer, and that filing an appeal required several physical tasks.

He must file a notice of appeal, request transcripts, pay for them, review them, and participate in other court-related matters.

He said, “He has not yet indicated that he is going to hire any lawyer or inform anyone.”

Ejimakor claimed that Kanu’s lengthy trial demonstrated the system’s resolve to pursue him. He claimed that the development “demonstrates the system’s disdain for him.”

Judgement in the court

On Thursday, Justice Omotosho found Kanu guilty of terrorism on seven counts and gave him a life sentence.

Kanu’s broadcasts were used by the court to sabotage infrastructure, threaten diplomatic missions, and incite attacks against security forces.

Justice Omotosho ruled that self-determination couldn’t be achieved through violence and that Nigeria remained an indivisible state. He ordered Kanu’s transmitter to be taken away and placed him in a secure location without access to the internet.

READ MORE: “We Are Heading To Appeal,” Kanu’s Lawyer To Challenge Judgment

Kanu’s legal team has pledged to appeal the verdict, calling the sentence excessive.

Ejimakor criticized Kanu’s move to Sokoto in a statement posted on his X handle. Kanu was far removed from his supporters, family, and legal team, according to him.

In 2015, Kanu was first detained for treason and terrorism. Following a military raid on his home in 2017, he fled Nigeria. In disputed circumstances, he was detained again in Kenya in 2021 and later reappapprehended in Nigeria.

FCTA Begins Promotion Exams For 8,000 Workers On Tuesday

More than 8, 000 government employees will take their Computer-Based Test promotion exams starting on November 25, 2025, according to the Federal Capital Territory Administration.

Emeka Ezeh, the chairman of the FCT Civil Service Commission, said the exam would be open to staff members from 165 different Administration and Federal Capital Development Authority cadres.

The exams will last five days, with Sunday as the end date, according to Ezeh.

This week will see the participation of more than 8, 000 federal employees in promotion exams.

The National Open University Study Center along Kubwa Road, Abuja, will host the promotion exams for five days starting on Tuesday, November 25 through Saturday, November 29.

Remember that Lere Olayinka, the Senior Special Assistant to the FCT Minister of Public Communication and News Media, announced the results of the first-ever Computer-Based Promotion Examination that took place on August 12, 2025.

According to him, 49 deputy directors were approved by Minister Nyesom Wike and elevated to the position of director across various departments.

He continued, “The exercise was intended to clear the backlog of promotion arrears for Grade Level 16 workers from 2023 to 2025.”

Ezeh noted that the new promotion cycle was authorized by the FCT Minister, who authorized the conclusion of it quickly in 2024.

He claimed Wike “provided the nod” as part of staff motivation, “ensuring that all cadres receive the long-awaited process.”

He added that the FCT Minister approved the FCT Civil Service Commission’s request to finish the 2024 promotion exercise for FCT/FCDA employees across all cadres as quickly as possible as part of staff motivation.

He further stated that the promotion would be conducted using the Computer-Based Test, adding that this would advance the FCT Minister’s approval of the newly developed digital platform for promotion exams.

He added that the administration embraces promotions in its entirety as a digital platform.

Gov Abdulrazaq Receives Rescued Victims Of Kwara Church Abduction

The 38 victims who were saved from an attack on a Christ Apostolic Church (CAC) in the state’s Eruku region have been received by the governor of Kwara, Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq.

Most of the victims appeared elderly and worn-out at the Government House clinic, where medical staff members treated them.

Read more about Kwara Church holding its first service following a bandit attack and confirming the arrest of 38 worshipers kidnapped.

One of the freed victims described the bandits’ cruelty as harrowing.


The man explained that it was challenging to break free from the bandits because those who were in need of them were given drugs, water, food, and those who were weak were taken into the hospital.

One of the church’s pastor thanked the federal and state governments for allowing the worshipers to leave.

On his arrival at the clinic, the state governor spoke with some of the victims and assessed the situation of those receiving care inside.

He continued, there was no time to celebrate the victims’ release because they had been held captive in other states.

He thanked President Tinubu for his assistance in bringing the captives free.

38 worshipers were set free on Sunday, according to the Kwara State Government.

However, it did not detail how the abducted people regained their freedom in a statement signed by Rafiu Ajakaye, his chief press secretary.

During a church service on Tuesday, gunmen abducted 38 worshipers and killed three people in an attack on the parish.

Many residents fled into nearby bushes for safety, according to eyewitnesses in the community who reported to Channels Television that the attackers stormed the area “suddenly and heavily armed.”

The bandits had requested $3 billion to release the victims, but the ransom was later reduced to $760 million.

Additionally, the attack sparked a protest by the neighborhood’s angry youths.

President Tinubu awaited further security updates on the kidnapped Kebbi schoolgirls and the attack on the church worshippers as he delayed making his scheduled travels to Johannesburg in South Africa and Luanda in Angola in response to the attack and others.

He also gave instructions to the police to pursue bandits who attacked worshippers.

The church held its first service on Sunday, where it clarified how many people had been abducted before the victims’ release was made public.

Church leaders encouraged members to attend the service as a show of faith and resilience, according to Michael Agbabiaka, the church secretary.

Police Arrest Two Suspects Over Attack, Robbery At Burial In Ondo

Two suspects have been apprehended by the Ondo State Police Command in connection with a robbery and violent attack at a burial ceremony in Okitipupa, Ondo State.

The Command’s Public Relations Officer, Olusola Ayanlade, in Akure, the state capital, made the disclosure in a statement released and made available to journalists on Sunday.

Abbas Akande Obesere, a well-known Yoruba-Future musician, was assaulted during the event, according to Ayanlade, who informed the command of credible information.

Further investigations revealed that a group of alleged hoodlums led by one Michael Abbey, known as “Emir,” allegedly attacked the musician while he was performing, he claimed.

“The suspects allegedly stole a bag filled with $4, 000, 000, a gold chain, a phone, and a wristwatch during the assault.” The victim’s manager was stabbed with a broken bottle in an attempt to intervene, which caused an injury to the hand.

READ ALSO: ‘Suspiced Herders Ambush and Kill Police Officers In Bauchi’

In connection with the incident, Michael Abbey ‘a.k.a. Emir ‘a.k.a. Oniye Oke and two other important suspects were detained, according to him.

Ayanlade stated that both men have come forward with their involvement in the criminal operation, noting that a total of $479,100 was taken from them as part of the stolen funds.

Adebowale Lawal, the Ondo State Commissioner of Police, made a statement in response to the incident that all those connected to this criminal act would be detained and subject to the full punishment of the law.

Kwara Church Holds First Service After Attack By Bandits, Confirms 38 Worshippers Kidnapped

‎‎

Five days after a deadly attack by bandits that left three worshippers dead and dozens abducted, the Christ Apostolic Church (CAC), Oke-Isegun in Eruku, Kwara State, held its first service.

During the Sunday service, the church made an accurate figure regarding the number of captivity victims.

Read more about Kwara closing schools in four LGAs for insecurity here.

Prayers for the release of the kidnapped worshippers and the repose of the deceased were the main focus of the ceremony, which took place inside the blood-stained auditorium of the church in the state’s blood-stained Ekiti Local Government Area on Tuesday.

38 people were abducted, according to the church secretary, Michael Agbabiaka.

He claims that the church initially collected 35 names before performing a verification that revealed three additional non-members who had also been abducted during the siege.

“The reports that over 60 people were kidnapped are untrue. 38 people are still buried in the bush, total.

“Three people died, and one is receiving care in a hospital. I have their phone numbers and names. According to Agbabiaka, “we don’t want misinformation.”

Ransom Reduced to “20m”


He further disclosed that the bandits had initially requested $100,000,000 for each victim before the abductors’ communication broke down on Friday, November 21, 2025. The demand was later reduced to $20,000,000.

He continued, “Celtics leaders encouraged members to attend the service as a show of faith and resilience,” despite their fear and trauma.

We thank God for life and for strengthening us, but as you can see, there are only a select few people present.

He continued, “We also appreciate the government’s deployment of security personnel who are currently circling the town and the church.”

The presiding pastor, Bamidele Lawrence, described the incident as a test of faith earlier in his sermon and claimed that he had received assurances from God regarding the safety of the kidnapped.

He explained to the congregation that God had promised that the abducted worshippers would live again, and that they were compared to the Israelites’ struggles in the Bible.

James Ige, a worshipper whose wife and son were among those abducted, pleaded with security forces to intensify rescue efforts, claiming that the government’s ability to act quickly will determine his family’s fate.


A significant number of security operatives from Eruku, including soldiers, SWAT, the Special Tactical Squad from Headquarters, the Kwara Police Command, and local vigilantes, were stationed there.

President Bola Tinubu had issued decrees for joint operations to track down the attackers and rescue the victims, prompting the deployment.

During a deadly attack at a church service on Tuesday, gunmen stormed the church and kidnapped dozens of worshipers.

Many residents fled into nearby bushes for safety, according to eyewitnesses in the community who reported to Channels Television that the attackers stormed the area “suddenly and heavily armed.”