Avicii's first posthumous track to drop next week

A new track from the late Avicii, called SOS, will be released on Wednesday 10 April, his family says.

The Swedish DJ – whose real name was Tim Bergling – was found dead in Oman in April last year, aged 28.

Now a 16-track album of new material entitled Tim, which “he was close to completing”, will follow on 6 June.

Proceeds from the LP will go to Tim Bergling Foundation, set up after his death to help prevent mental illness and suicide.

“When Tim Bergling passed away on April 20, 2018,” a family statement read, “he was close to completing a new album.

“He left behind a collection of nearly finished songs, along with notes, email conversations and text messages about the music.

“The songwriters that Tim was collaborating with on this album have continued the process to get as close to his vision as possible.”

Adding: “Since Tim’s passing, the family decided not to keep the music locked away – instead they wanted to share it with his fans all around the world.”

The statement arrived with a moving video, featuring Avicii in the studio and tributes from his family, and you can watch it above.

Actress Belinda Effah takes on the role of Hauwa in ‘Haram’

Nollywood actress, Belinda Effah has taken up the challenge to play the character of a Northern lady in an upcoming movie, ‘Haram’.

The 29-year-old Effah will be playing the role of Hauwa in the movie that is currently being shot in different parts of Lagos, Nigeria


Actress-Belinda-Effah

.

The actress, who disclosed this on her instagram handle, belindaeffah said she would be playing the lead role, which will also see her speaking a little Hausa language.

1/1 #Please Show Me Some Love Don Allah . . On set of #HaramTheMovie . . Directed by Andy Boyo . . Being HAUWA – Quite Challenging- Nagode Allah.

Other notable actors and actresses featured in the movie include Segun Arinze, Ayo Mogaji, Kalu Ikeagwu, Keppy Ekpeyong Bassey, Eddie Watson, Ashley Blessing, Amina Ndim, Merrit Okonta, Monica Friday, as well as Abubakar Yakubu.

The movie will be directed by Andy Boyo and produced by Ashley Blessing.

Effah, made her first television debut in the 2005 TV series, Shallow Waters, later featured in the reality show, Next Movie Star, where she finished fifth, and was never evicted from the house.

The actress was also a presenter for Sound City, but later left to start her own Tv sho, Lunch Break with Belinda.

She is a recipient of several awards including: Most Promising Act of the Year award at the 9th Africa Movie Academy Awards, Golden Icon Academy Awards.

Fleabag will not return, says co-star Sian Clifford

Fleabag won’t return after the current series comes to an end next week, one of its stars has told BBC Breakfast.

“There will not be a third series,” Sian Clifford said. “This is it.”

Clifford, who plays Fleabag’s uptight sister Claire in the BBC Three comedy, said the final episode would conclude with a “beautiful, perfect ending”.

Her comments echo creator Phoebe Waller-Bridge’s own declaration that Monday’s climactic instalment would be “the final curtain”.

“I have thought about it and there isn’t going to be one,” she told the BBC earlier this year when asked if a third series might be made.

Waller-Bridge is currently in New York performing the original one-woman play from which the TV series sprang.

Fleabag’s second series, which has aired on both BBC One and BBC Three, has captured the public imagination even more than its 2016 predecessor.

Viewers have been captivated by the title character’s tantalising relationship with a charismatic priest, played by Irish actor Andrew Scott.

That relationship reached a pivotal point at the end of episode five, leaving audiences eager to know what happens next.

Clifford was giving nothing away on Friday, beyond saying that “people will accept this is the end when they see it”.

Not surprisingly, her confirmation that Fleabag’s days are numbered was greeted with dismay on social media.

“Sian Clifford has just announced there won’t be a series 3,” wrote one Twitter user. “My weekend is utterly ruined.”

According to one BBC Three staffer who has “sneakily” watched the final episode, though, Fleabag will go out on a high.

Declan Cashin said the show was “the perfect end to what has been what I firmly believe overall is one of the most perfect TV series this country has ever produced.”

Speaking on Friday, Clifford did hold out a slim sliver of hope for Fleabag’s legions of fans to clutch on to.

“I’m desperate to play Claire again,” she said, revealing she would do her best to change Waller-Bridge’s mind.

All episodes of Fleabag, bar the last, can currently be viewed on the BBC iPlayer.

Cannes Lions will appreciate us better if we tell our stories – FAB

Media and Lifestyle entrepreneur, Familusi Akin Babajide popularly known as Mr FAB has stressed on the need for Nigerian creatives to focus more on telling the Nigerian stories through their campaigns, if they hope to get more recognition from the organisers of the annual Cannes Lions International Festival of creativity.

Familusi Akin Babajide

FAB’s comment came against the backdrop of the continued failure of Nigerian agencies to get honours at Cannes. In the over 60 years of the Cannes Lion award show, no Nigerian agency has yet been able to win a Lion, even though some of them have consistently made entries, especially in the last two decades.
“The more we tell our stories, the more they will appreciate the context of our work and maybe then they will take note and we may begin to win the coveted Cannes Lions Awards,” Fab said.
FAB who first featured on the Cannes Lions stage in 2016, played a prominent role at the 2018 Cannes Lions, following his appointment as the first and only African Festival MC at the iconic festival and award show. During the event, he was tasked with running the second biggest stage at the festival – the Debussy Theatre, where he hosted a total of 30 sessions over five days.
FAB runs the FAB Group, comprising Media, Fashion and Hospitality interests and has often been described as a premium host having hosted FAB Radio, a syndicated lifestyle radio show for over 5 years and for 3 years has hosted Under 40 CEOs, a television series which has featured young African business leaders from across the continent. He has also hosted numerous high-profile events across the country and globally.
His performance at the 2018 Cannes Lions drew commendation from top executives of Cannes Lions, that subsequently opened the doors for other Africans to play major roles at the 2019 Cannes.
In this year’s Cannes Lion Festival, FAB as the appointed curator of African content to the festival will be leading a delegation of Nigerians to the event. The delegation includes Steve Babaeko, CEO X3M Ideas, who will be making his speaking debut at the global event. Others are Tiwa Savage, Femi Kuti and eLDee the Don, Anant Singh of the Mandelas Long Walk to Freedom fame and Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde
FAB, will be playing a dual role of MC and also Cannes Lions TV host at the glamorous event, while the other Nigerians have been called upon to speak on various topics intended to inject the African flavor into the event.
The 2019 Cannes Lions will evidently be the biggest thus far for Africa, because besides having African celebs and creatives speak at the renowned event, FAB in conjunction with the organisers will also be holding the first what has been called the AfriCannes Party into the event. This party is intended to give the world a taste of Africa.

Question Time accused of bias over location move from Bolton

The BBC has rejected claims of “bias” after it moved live filming of Question Time from Bolton to London.

The programme said Thursday’s show was broadcast from Dulwich to allow politicians attending Brexit debates at Westminster to take part.

Some social media users said moving filming from Bolton, where 58% voted to leave the EU, ensured a pro-EU audience in London, which voted to remain.

The BBC said it was looking for a new date to return to Bolton.

The weekly BBC One debate, which allows audience members to question a panel of politicians, journalists and public figures, had been due to air from Bolton’s Albert Halls.

Some Twitter users took to the platform as the show aired on Thursday to say a panel comprising northern politicians should have been sought if MPs were unwilling to travel from London.

Bolton ‘dumped’

Others suggested the BBC was guilty of “demographic management” and “bias”.

One said the BBC had “dumped” filming in front of a Bolton audience in favour of London because it did not “want to hear their opinion”.

The panel of guests included Tottenham MP David Lammy and Culture Secretary Jeremy Wright, the MP for Kenilworth and Southam in Warwickshire, who were joined by journalists and an MEP.

The BBC rejected suggestions moving the show was related to the way Bolton voted in the referendum.

A spokesman said: “The decision was taken at the start of the week when it was extremely unclear when and if crucial Brexit votes would be taking place.

“If there had been voting on Thursday, politicians would not have been able to get to Bolton.”

The programme is currently inviting prospective audience members to apply for live episodes due to be filmed in Nottingham on 25 April, Warrington on 2 May, Northampton on 9 May and Elgin on 16 May.