Category Entertainment News

Photos: Omotola Leads Partners In widows home make over

By Idowu Bankole
Oscar Voting Member, Philanthropist, and Legendary Actress Omotola just Renovated a Widows Home in 4 days Record time, through her GALG (Give and Let Give) initiative set up caters to Widows and Orphans every December.

Omotola in a photo session with the Widows and Orphans

A widow, Mrs Folashade Chijioke was nominated after many entries via emails by another widow.
The criteria was the widow being nominated must be a working woman, giving back to community and raising her kids.

A widow and some of the orphans present at the event

A widow expressing surprise has she enters into the beautifully renovated apartment.

Tears of joy has the widow witnessed the beautiful apartment- a philanthropic gesture of omotola

the widow being consoled by an orphan and A PARTNER of the widow’s home make over, whom are also beneficiaries of the philanthropic gesture of omotola

the widow and and some of the orphans in a party mood

omotola and some of the widows

There was barely any dry eye as all were overwhelmed by joy and thanked Give and Let Give and their partners.

the widow and the orphans in a joyous mood, with omotola

The orphans entering into the renovated apartment

Omotola arriving the venue with the widows and orphans gathered to welcome her

Work started at the home in Mowe, Ogun State on the 27th of December with help from partners,
@pinenivory (who supplied furniture), @sujimoto (donated paint materials and bathroom fittings),
@playinarchitecture (who changed the ceiling to POP and upgraded kitchen)
@vitafoam (Mr Toye who donated the double decker, bed for mum and mattresses) and Scanfrost who donated a TV, fridge and gas cooker.

workers moving in some of the new appliances

before and after picture of the ceiling

before and after picture of another room being occupied by orphans

before and after picture of a room occupied by a widow and some orphans

the orphans in a celebrating mood, as the move onto the renovated room

Hearts filled with joy as they feel the renovated apartment

entrance of the widows home

the widow’s home being commissioned by a special guest

prayers being offered for omotola by a widow


Kanye West, Kardashian expecting fourth child via surrogate

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are expecting a fourth child – again using a surrogate, according to multiple media reports on Wednesday.

Celebrity magazines Us Weekly and People quoted sources close to the couple as saying the surrogate was pregnant and expected to give birth in May.


Kanye West and Kardashian

Representatives of the reality TV star and her rapper husband did not respond to a request for comment.

Kardashian and West’s third child, Chicago, was born via a surrogate in January 2018. The couple has two other children North, 5, and Saint, 3.

They turned to surrogacy after doctors warned Kardashian of serious health risks if she became pregnant again after her first two children.

Us Weekly reported that the couple put their plans for a fourth child on hold about six months ago as West was struggling with mental health issues. The rapper said last year he suffers from bipolar disorder and embarked on a bizarre Twitter spree that culminated in a rambling October meeting at the White House with U.S. President Donald Trump, who West supports.

“Kim wanted their carrier to be pregnant shortly after Chicago’s birth, but they put those plans on hold when Kanye was having his issues,” an anonymous source was quoted as telling Us Weekly.

“Kanye has been great. He’s been healthy, happy and his head is clear. They are both very excited for this new baby,” the source added.

West, who said after the Trump meeting that he was distancing himself from politics, kicked off the New Year with a series of tweets reiterating his support for the Republican president.

“Trump all day,” the musician wrote on Twitter on Jan. 1, saying he planned to perform wearing the “Make America Great Again” hat made popular by Trump and his supporters.

Burna Boy, Mr Eazi to make Coachella debut

Abuja – Nigerian music stars Damini Ogulu aka Burna Boy and Tosin Ajibade aka Mr Eazi are set to make their Coachella debut in April.

The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival is an annual music and arts festival held at the Empire Polo club in Indio, California.
Burna Boy

Burna Boy


It is one of the most famous, and profitable music festivals in the United States and all over the world.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that according to the lineup announced through Coachella’s official Instagram acclount @coachella, Burna Boy will perform his set on April 13 and 20, Mr Eazi will have his performance on April 14 and 21.

The duo have, in the past year, made tremendous progress and impact in their music genres with Burna Boy performing sold out shows and Mr Eazi breaking streaming records.

Burna Boy’s ‘Ye’ remains one of the most listened-to Nigerian songs and Mr Eazi’s ‘Lagos to London’ EP maintained a large global impact.

NAN reports that in 2018, Wizkid was billed to perform at the festival but was unable to due to what the singer termed ‘Visa issues’.

The festival was, however, headlined by Beyoncé whose performances were one of the most-talked about moments of the year.

Ariana Grande, Childish Gambino and Tame Impala will headline the upcoming show while actor and DJ, Idris Elba, Solange, the 1975 and Janelle Monáe will perform.

Kacey Musgraves, Rosalía, Yves Tumor, SOPHIE, Mac DeMarco, Idris Elba, Jon Hopkins, Kaytranada, Anderson .Paak, Juice WRLD, Playboi Carti, Let’s Eat Grandma and Sheck Wes are also part of the lineup. (NAN)

Netflix drops satire episode critical of Saudi Arabia

Netflix has removed an episode of a satirical comedy show from its service in Saudi Arabia over its criticism of the kingdom, following a legal request by officials in Riyadh.

The move was widely denounced by rights groups including Amnesty International, which said it risks facilitating a crackdown on freedom of expression in Saudi Arabia.


In the episode of “Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj,” the American-born Muslim lashed out at the kingdom after the October killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

He specifically criticized Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, and was also critical of the Saudi-led military campaign in Yemen.

Khashoggi killing: Turkey wants arrest of Saudi officials

“We strongly support artistic freedom worldwide and removed this episode only in Saudi Arabia after we had received a valid legal request — and to comply with local law,” a Netflix spokeswoman said in a statement Tuesday.

The streaming giant added it had received a takedown request citing an article of its cybercrime law as the reason.

Article 6 of the law states that “production, preparation, transmission, or storage of material impinging on public order, religious values, public morals, and privacy, through the information network or computers” is a crime punishable by up to five years in prison and a fine not exceeding 3 million Saudi riyals ($800,000).

The episode can still be seen in other parts of the world — and in Saudi Arabia on YouTube.

– ‘Quite outrageous’ –
In December, the US Senate approved two symbolic resolutions blaming Prince Mohammed for the killing of Khashoggi, after intelligence reports pointed in that direction, and urging an end to US participation in the Yemen war.

“Saudi Arabia’s censorship of Netflix… is further proof of a relentless crackdown on freedom of expression in the kingdom,” said Samah Hadid, Amnesty’s Middle East campaigns director.

“By bowing to the Saudi Arabian authorities’ demands, Netflix is in danger of facilitating the kingdom’s zero-tolerance policy on freedom of expression and assisting the authorities in denying people’s right to freely access information.”

Karen Attiah, Khashoggi’s editor at The Washington Post, said Netflix’s action was “quite outrageous.”

The Saudi information ministry did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

– Low ranking on press freedom –
Online platforms and tech companies face increasing scrutiny and growing public skepticism in the face of controversies about data sharing and the steady erosion of privacy.

In October, the press freedom watchdog group Reporters Without Borders ranked Saudi Arabia as 169th out of 180 countries for press freedom, adding that “it will very probably fall even lower in the 2019 index because of the gravity of the violence and abuses of all kinds against journalists.”

After releasing its annual study of global internet freedom, another watchdog, Freedom House, said in November that Saudi Arabia was among those employing “troll armies” to manipulate social media and, in many cases, drown out the voices of dissidents.

Minhaj, 33, has seen his profile rise steadily in recent years. His routines combine personal history and pointed political commentary wrapped in edgy topical humor.

In 2014, he became senior correspondent on Comedy Central’s popular “The Daily Show,” and in 2017 was the featured speaker at the White House Correspondents’ dinner.

Genevieve Nnaji marks 20 years in Nollywood

Veteran Nollywood actress and film maker, Genevieve Nnaji, celebrated two decades in the film sector with a reflective New Year post.

Genevieve Nnaji on the set of ‘Lion Heart’

Reports have it that Nnaji, through her Twitter handle @GenevieveNnaji1, shared an appreciative message to her fans, which doubled as her New Year message.


Sharing a picture of ‘Lion Heart’s script, she wrote, “As 2018 comes to an end, I mark 20 years in the art of film making. I am grateful for my life, journey, and growth thus far’’.

“I am happy I could celebrate with you through a product that embodied all of me mentally and spiritually, for all of your pleasure. I love you guys! Happy New Year,” Nnaji said.

Nnaji, who recently premiered her directorial debut, ‘Lion Heart’, began acting at the age of 19 in 1998 with the movie, ‘Most Wanted’.

Union Bank named Pitcher Awards 2019 Advertiser of the Year

The 39-year-old won the Africa Movie Academy Award (AMAA) for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2005, making her the first actress to win the award.

Nnaji was one of the best paid actresses in Nollywood in 2009, and was the first actress to be awarded Best Actress at the 2001 City Peoples Awards.

She was also the first actress to bag the Best Actress award, by the Censors Board of Nigeria in 2003. In 2009, she was referred to as the Julia Roberts of Africa by Oprah Winfrey

In 2011, she was honoured with the Member of the Order of the Federal Republic award by the Federal Government for her contributions to Nollywood.

In 2015, Nnaji produced her first movie, ‘Road to Yesterday’, which won Best Movie Overall-West Africa at the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards (AMVCA).

Nollywood still leading the way for Nigerian entertainment sector

Ambode reiterates commitment to growth of tourism, entertainment sector

Lagos – Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State on Tuesday said he would continue to build an enabling environment to support the growth of the tourism and entertainment sector.

Ambode gave the commitment at the 6th edition of the annual ‘One Lagos Fiesta’ at Eko Atlantic City which began on Dec. 24, 2018 and ended in a countdown to 2019.

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode
Ambode said that the sector was key to the growth of the Gross Domestic Products (GDP) of the state, adding that development would be focused on the areas.


“We are committed to ensuring that developments in the entertainment, arts, culture and hospitality sector will continue to provide job opportunities to the youth.

“Development in this sector will also help provide a platform where naturally gifted individuals can display and celebrate their creative talents on a broader scale.

“I want to thank all Lagosians for their support and cooperation and I promise that more development shall still occur in various parts of the state.

“We will remain committed to the well-being of all Lagosians and also remain committed to completing all ongoing projects before the end of May,” he said.

Ambode commended the efforts of the various security agencies in the state for keeping the state peaceful, thus creating an enabling environment for the development of successful projects in state.

“The modest successes that we have recorded would not have been possible without the efforts of all the security agencies in this state.

“I give kudos to the security agencies for keeping Lagos State safe as we celebrate Lagos as the safest city in Africa right now,” the governor said.

He urged the masses to sign up for a better Nigeria and a greater Lagos by supporting the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the forthcoming elections in the year.

“It is in the best interest for all of us to solidly remain in support of President Muhammadu Buhari and I assure Mr President that Lagos State votes shall be in his favour.

“Lagos must continue in its good work; therefore, I also support the APC gubernatorial candidate, Mr Jide Sanwo-Olu, as the next Governor of Lagos State.

“I wish you all a Happy New Year and God’s blessings to you all,” Ambode said.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that a large crowd gathered at the venue to witness the spectacular event made even more glamorous with the display of fireworks.

Fans of musical artistes echoed to the lyrics of their favorite musicians as they performed on stage.