Danny DeVito fans can’t believe his age as they ‘thought he was 60’

Danny DeVito’s fans have been left speechless after learning just how old the actor really is, as he celebrates his birthday on November 17, with many thinking he was still in his 60s

As Danny DeVito is celebrating his birthday on November 17, his fans have been left gobsmacked to learn how old the actor really is, as many thought he was in his 60s

While Danny DeVito first started off working as a cosmetologist in a morgue, styling the hair of the deceased, he has since become a A-list celebrity, known for his long list of iconic roles in various films and TV shows. He started his acting career in off-Broadway shows in 1969, before starring in his first film – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – in 1975, after having appeared in the off-Broadway production of the show with the same name four years earlier.

He later rose to fame on the hit TV show Taxi in 1978, where he played dispatcher Louie De Palma. This role went on to earn him an Emmy and a Golden Globe for his performance. This was the start of his on-screen fame, as he decided to grow his film career.

Clearly, he has succeeded, as fans will know recognise the actor for his long list of films and TV roles, including in Matilda, Batman Returns, and popular sit-com It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Taking to a Reddit thread all about the sitcom, one user went on to share a photo of the actor, revealing the snap had been taken as the star entered his 80s.

“Danny DeVito at age of 80s,” the Reddit post read, before sharing a black and white photo of the actor, who is looking up over the camera.

While the post was seemingly made as a way to highlight the actor for his birthday, fans quickly took to the comment section to share their shock to learn how old Danny really was, as many thought he was 20 years younger.

“He looks great,” one person wrote, while a second user said: “I thought he was 60! Damn he’s doing good.”

“He looks 65 at 80,” another person commented, to which someone else added: “Yes he has aged well.”

Another user also expressed their shock as they said: “Omg can’t believe that.”

While Danny is celebrating his 81st birthday in 2025, he doesn’t appear to have any plans to retire from his acting job, as he remains a member of the main cast of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, where he plays the character of Frank Reynolds.

Article continues below

He also featured in the 2024 movie Beetlejuice Beetlejuice, while also making guest appearances in recent episodes of TV shows Rick and Morty, and Abbott Elementary.

While some fans might be worrying the actor will retire from acting, he has previously stated he has no plans to ever walk away from his career.

OJ Simpson’s estate has agreed to settle with Fred Goldman for nearly £61 million

OJ Simpson’s estate has agreed to pay Fred Goldman a payout of up to £61 million in the long-unresolved wrongful death case tied to the 1994 killing of Ron Goldman

OJ Simpson’s estate has agreed to a payout of up to £61 million to Fred Goldman, more than three decades after his son and the former NFL star’s ex-wife were brutally killed.

More than 30 years after a California court ruled that the late American football player must pay millions in damages, the estate has now accepted the settlement in principle. The development comes after 25-year-old Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson were savagely stabbed to death outside her Brentwood home.

Simpson was acquitted of the murders in 1995 after an eight-month trial, but in 1997, a civil jury found him liable and ordered him to pay the Goldman family. Now Malcolm Lavergne, the lawyer acting as executor of Simpson’s estate, has said he has formally agreed to more than £44 million demanded by Ron’s father.

READ MORE: Dad whose son left school due to bullies has now been threatened with fines

READ MORE: Hero ex-boyband star saves man from taking his own life with selfless act

Last week, Lavergne filed paperwork with the Nevada Probate Court confirming his intention to accept the payout. With interest, he expects the total to land between £53 million and £61 million. The U-turn comes after Lavergne said in April last year he hoped “the Goldmans get zero, nothing” and vowed to do everything in his power to “ensure that they get nothing.”

Both sides must now settle the question of how much interest is owed. Lavergne called the calculation a “pain in the butt” because Nevada’s court interest rate changes twice a year in line with the state’s prime rate.

“He’s not off by that much,” Lavergne said of the Goldman side’s figures. “But he’s off by enough that we need to work to get it right.”

Although the civil case originated in California, Simpson’s move to Las Vegas in 2017 made enforcing the judgment far more difficult. In February 2021, Goldman filed what is known as a foreign judgment in Nevada, officially shifting the case across state lines.

He sought £44 million – far less than the £89 million he once pursued under California’s more generous rules for creditors. Any interest now due dates back to February 2021, when the claim was domesticated in Nevada. Lavergne conceded Goldman would have had an easier time collecting had Simpson remained in California.

Goldman, now 84, still has the right to object once the estate produces its final number, Lavergne said. But he insisted the best way would be to negotiate directly rather than file further motions. Goldman did not respond to requests for comment.

Asked if Ron’s father could ever realistically collect most of the judgment, Lavergne replied: “The answer is no unless I buy a lottery ticket.” He added: “And I happen to know that OJ didn’t win the lottery,” noting the former running back gambled on sports heavily in his later years.

Further complicating matters is Simpson’s outstanding tax debt, which Lavergne said must be settled with the IRS before the Goldman family receives a cent. To raise funds, the estate plans to auction Simpson’s remaining valuables, including his 1985 NFL Hall of Fame ring and the Olympic torch he carried through Santa Monica for the 1984 Games, with Nicole Brown jogging behind him during the relay.

“There’s still a lot of work to do, but we’re making progress,” Lavergne said.

Simpson died on April 10, 2024, at age 76 from prostate cancer. Brown Simpson filed for divorce from her husband in 1992, citing irreconcilable differences, following a history of domestic violence. The couple had been married for seven years and had two children, and Simpson had pleaded no contest to spousal abuse in 1989.

Article continues below

Former Strictly star Anya Garnis fears Home Office mistake could leave her family homeless

Anya Garnis, who shares two young children with her husband Sunna Van Kampen, recently tried to rent a property in Devon, but she was rejected from doing so because of a Home Office blunder

Former Strictly star Anya Garnis fears she may be left homeless after a Home Office blunder rejected her right to live in Britain.

The Russian-born Latin dancer started dancing at the age of 10 and began competing professionally with her dance partner, Strictly’s Pasha Kovalev, in 1998. The pair moved to the US in 2001 to start her professional dancing career.

They reached the final of the US Open Ballroom Championship on a number of occasions and have also appeared in US series So You Think You Can Dance. Anya, who is a US citizen, has performed at the Emmys and the Oscars and even headlined the Broadway show Burn The Floor.

READ MORE: Dad whose son left school due to bullies has now been threatened with fines

READ MORE: Man falls into city centre river sparking huge emergency response

The 43-year-old, who shares two young children with her husband Sunna Van Kampen, recently tried to rent a property in Totnes, Devon, but she was rejected from doing so because of a Home Office blunder.

Baffled by the situation Anya investigated and discovered the Home Office’s landlord checking system suggested she did not have permission to live in the country, despite being here since 2013.

The Home Office said her application for leave to remain may have been lost – rendering her ‘illegal’. Speaking to the MailOnline she said: “I was absolutely shocked and devastated. We have to leave the place we’re living now in a couple of weeks, but have been told we can’t rent or buy anywhere else.

“In effect, this will leave us homeless in Britain. If we leave the country, my visa application will be dismissed entirely, but we may have no choice.”

Anya came to the UK on a temporary UK visa in 2013 to work for Strictly. She married Mr Van Kampen in 2017 and they later had two children, now aged three and one.

Since 2013 Anya has lived in the UK on rolling temporary visas without any major issues until she applied to renew her permission last September.

After applying she heard nothing for months so chased her application up on the Home Office website which suggested her application was being processed. When she tried to call, they told her they couldn’t discuss individual cases on the phone.

Home Office guidelines state that applicants have automatic leave to remain while their applications are being processed, so she thought nothing of it. After applying again she was shocked to still be turned down by the LCS.

Article continues below

She said: “I can’t buy or rent a property, but I also can’t leave the country while I’m waiting for a decision. I know highly skilled Americans who have been forced to give up on a life in Britain and move back home because of this catch.”

The Home Office said it would not comment on an individual case.

TOWIE star to join Strictly Come Dancing

TOWIE star Jess Wright has been reported to be taking part in this years Strictly Come Dancing special where she is excited to ‘learn a different skill’ and get on the dance floor

TOWIE star Jess Wright is excited to learn a new skill as she reportedly prepares to take part in the Strictly Come Dancing Christmas special. The episode will broadcast on Christmas Day and see six couples put on their dancing shoes and perform a festive routine.

A source has revealed that the reality star, who first shot to fame when she appeared on The Only Way Is Essex back in 2010, is a big fan of the show and has jumped at the chance to ‘learn a different skill’.

“Jess loves the glamour of Strictly and cannot wait to get on the dancefloor. She has always loved performing as a singer – so this will be a chance to learn a different skill,” a source revealed to The Sun.

READ MORE: Four strict I’m A Celebrity camp rules contestants must follow including underwear limitREAD MORE: I’m A Celeb fans name show’s winner just moments after first look at the jungle

The Strictly Christmas special will mark Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman’s final time hosting the show after they announced that they are stepping down in a joint statement online.

Tess, 56, and Claudia, 53 said in their emotional statement: “We have loved working as a duo and hosting Strictly has been an absolute dream. We were always going to leave together and now feels like the right time.

“We will have the greatest rest of this amazing series and we just want to say an enormous thank you to the BBC and to every single person who works on the show. They’re the most brilliant team and we’ll miss them every day.

“We will cry when we say the last “keep dancing” but we will continue to say it to each other. Just possibly in tracksuit bottoms at home while holding some pizza.”

Alan Carr has been rumoured to take over from the duo after his momentous win on Celebrity Traitors. He said: “My name is in the hat. What an honour. It’s a bit like when my name got bandied about for Britain’s Got Talent and The Great British Bake Off – I’m always on the periphery.”

He added: “I don’t know how serious it is. No one has approached me. People are so passionate about it and you saw me sweating in the castle when I was a Traitor, imagine me doing live telly with how many million people watching!”

“So many things have come from The Celebrity Traitors – so many job offers coming in – I’d be flattered, but I don’t know if I could do it [Strictly] justice. I just don’t want to ruin it for people.”

Article continues below

Another name that has been thrown into the ring is much-loved presenter of game show The Chase, Bradley Walsh. The move would pay homage to the BBC show’s original presenter, the late, Bruce Forsyth, who fronted Strictly from 2004 alongside Tess until 2013. He left the BBC dance competition three years before he sadly died, aged 89.

A TV insider revealed that Bradley is the top choice for the gig, thanks to his wide appeal and “old-school showbiz” vibe. They told the Sun: “Bradley is a real pro and has brilliant experience hosting live shows.”

Coronation Street’s Samia Longchambon reveals she’s been secretly living with painful disease

Coronation Street star Samia Lonchambon has shared with fans that was diagnosed with Raynauds disease which affects circulation in her finger leaving her in pain

Coronation Street star Samia Longchambon has revealed that she is suffering with a blood circulation disorder names Raynauds Disease. The condition means a reduced blood flow to a person’s fingers and toes, but for the mum of two, it appears to only affect her fingers.

Sharing her health update with fans on social media comes after she posted a picture of her fingers appearing white at the tips. And so after noticing a flurry of messages in her comment section, the actress decided to respond.

She told her followers: “Seems many of you have the same thing and lots are asking for tips on how to deal with it.. I’ve had it about 20 years now and it’s not dangerous, it’s called #raynauds disease.. when I get too cold a couple of my fingers go numb and I lose feeling in them. “

She added: “It doesn’t last long but can be a bit painful when the blood returns. For me, it’s usually just my fingers so it’s quite mild, but I know that it can affect toes too in some people.”

Samia has played the character of Maria Connor on Coronation Street for 25 years and has had a number of hard hitting storylines along her journey.

But noticing the desperation in knowing how to help deal he condition, Samia offered support to her followers. She the wrote: “My tips so far have been to keep as warm as possible (obviously!). Wear gloves when it’s cold out. Hand warmers are my best friend in winter.”

Shea added: “Eat/ drink anything with ginger as that’s good for circulation. And keep moving my fingers to get the blood flowing again!” She then went on to say: “Even going down the freezer aisle in a supermarket can set mine off.”

But Samia is not the only soap star to suffer with the condition, so too is Michelle Hardwick, best known as Vanessa Woodfield in Emmerdale.

Taking to Instagram, she too wrote: “I first noticed mine when I was 10 playing netball… Since then I’ve been diagnosed with Raynauds Disease. Thank goodness for hand warmers in that Emmerdale village.”

Last August, Samia melted hearts after she posted a sweet tribute to her husband Slyvain, to celebrate their eighth wedding anniversary.

Article continues below

Sharing her milestone moment on Instagram, she wrote: “8 years as Mr and Mrs Longchambon and 8 years of pronouncing and spelling ‘Longchambon’, there’s nobody I’d rather do this life with other than you @slongchambon .. Happy anniversary to us!”

And her co-stars and friends wasted no time in congratulating the pair. Jane Danson wrote: “The most gorgeous weekend! Happy anniversary guys.” Sally Dynevor, who plays Sally Metcalfe added: “Happy Anniversary to a very beautiful couple xxx.”

READ MORE: Charlotte Tilbury Black Friday sale cuts brand-new mystery beauty bag by 50%

I’m A Celeb fans fuming as they spot major change to the show that’s a ‘huge downgrade’

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Fans couldn’t get on board with the new opening sequence as ITV switches it up for the first time in 17 years for the 2025 series

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! Fans were left fuming after ITV introduced a major change to the opening titles of the show. The ITV show started back up again on Sunday, 16 November at 9 pm for a huge one-hour and 35-minute episode.

There is also a spin-off show straight after on ITV2, titled Unpacked, for more jungle gossip. While many fans were happy to see the long-awaited show back on our screens, many couldn’t get on board with the new opening sequence.

One fan commented on X, formerly known as Twitter: “News just in – #ImACeleb just lost a million viewers because the new titles stressed everyone out and they had to switch it of.” Another simply penned: “The new titles are s***e”.

READ MORE: Strictly Come Dancing fans raging over ‘worst results show ever’ as fan favourite is axedREAD MORE: I’m A Celebrity star Angry Ginge’s net worth and amount he earns per video

A third gave their opinion: “The new intro credits are a big downgrade! Don’t fix it if it ain’t broke?”

Another added: “THEY’VE CHANGED THE IM A CELEB OPENING TITLES?? WHERE ARE THE LETTERS WHY ARE THEY IN STARS CHANGE IT BACK”.

Another chimed in: “The new opening titles and logo just aren’t I’m a Celeb-ing the way the old OG titles and logo I’m a Celeb-ed”.

Executive Producer Olly Nash recently opened up on the new changes for the 2025 series and said: “It’s much bigger than we’ve ever done before. And we’re filming more(challenges) than we’ve ever filmed before.

“There’ll be more elements lasting over more shows than has happened before too, so it’s not all just going to be limited to show one. Not all celebrities will be here in camp at the end of Sunday’s show.”

The celebrities in this year’s show include comedian and documentary maker Ruby Wax, actor and pop star Martin Kemp, radio presenter and model Kelly Brook, rapper Aitch, former Lioness Alex Scott MBE, social media influencer Angry Ginge, EastEnders star Shona McGarty, comedian Eddie Kadi, Emmerdale star Lisa Riley and TV personality Jack Osbourne.

The end of the opening episode saw Ginge and Ruby become the first two celebs voted to take part in the first Bushtucker Trial, and they didn’t appear too excited.

Some fans were happy to have the ITV programme back on our screens as one person wrote: “I forgot how much I love I’m a celeb x”, while another added: “This I’m a celeb cast seem very good, could be a great season”.

Article continues below

One person predicted: “I feel like angry ginge is gonna be picked for absolutely every single trial in im a celeb”.