Troops Rescue Seven Kidnapped Victims In Kano, Four Still Missing

Seven kidnapped victims have been rescued by Operation MESA in the Tsanyawa Local Government Area of Kano State during a late-night operation.

The rescue came after residents of Yankamaye Cikin Gari reported an attack by armed bandits that were received at around 11 p.m. on November 29, 2025.

According to security sources, the troops responded “swiftly” to the alert and confronted the attackers while working together with members of the Nigerian Air Force and the Nigerian Police. Before the troops arrived, the bandits had already killed a 60-year-old woman.

Read more about how troops kill four militias and recover their weapons in Taraba.

The 3 Brigade’s Assistant Director Army Public Relations, Captain Babatunde Zubairu, said in a statement that the forces continued to pursue the fugding bandits as they made their way to Rimaye. He claimed that the troops successfully saved the abducted victims after engaging them in a large amount of fire.

Four kidnapped victims are still missing despite the successful rescue of seven people. The bandits escaped toward the Kankia Local Government Area of Katsina State, according to Captain Zubairu, and “search efforts are still being made to locate them.”

Residents are being urged to continue supporting security operations by the Commander of the 3 Brigade, who praised the personnel for what he termed “bravery and prompt response.” We ask the public for timely and reliable information to support ongoing efforts to stop criminal activity, he said.

Troops Kill Four Militia, Recover Weapons In Taraba

In a quick and coordinated response to the resumptive communal violence in Usmanu Village, Karim Lamido Local Government Area of Taraba State, troops from the Nigerian Army neutralized four armed militia members and recovered weapons.

According to reliable information, the operation came after long-standing land disputes between the Shomo and Wurkun communities.

Property was destroyed, including houses, as a result of the conflict escalated into armed clashes. 6 Brigade immediately dispatched forces to restore order and stop further deterioration in security conditions.

According to a statement released on Sunday, a spokesman for the 6 Brigade, lieutenant Umar Mohammed, a public relations officer for the Nigerian Army, reports that when the troops arrived in the area, armed assailants were erupting from the Fadama axis. Four of the attackers were neutralized by the soldiers during a brief but intense exchange that ended.

Read more about how police in Kogi saved five kidnapping victims.

Three Dane guns, one made of AK-47 rifles, twenty-five rounds of 7.62mm special ammunition, twenty-five rounds of ammunition, and two motorcycles were recovered as a result of subsequent exploitation of the area.

One Nigerian Police Force (NPF) employee who was found operating alongside the armed militia was detained in a development that highlights the complexity of the conflict.

He is currently being looked into further and subjected to profiling to determine his level of involvement.

Brigadier General Kingsley Chidiebere Uwa, the commander of 6 Brigade/Sector 3 Operation Whirl Stroke, commended the soldiers for their swift action, bravery, and adhering to professional engagement standards. He reaffirmed the Brigade’s will to eradicate criminal elements from Taraba State and maintain operational momentum in all spheres of responsibility.

Brigadier General Uwa reaped the Brigade’s unwavering commitment to restoring lasting peace and stability to the people of Karim Lamido and Taraba State as a whole.

He urged people to embrace peaceful coexistence and continue to support security forces with reliable, timely information.

As stability is gradually being restored, the Nigerian Army urged residents to remain calm and uphold the law.

Troops Rescue Five Kidnap Victims In Kogi 

In two quick and coordinated operations in the Yagba East Local Government Area of Kogi State, the 12 Brigade Nigerian Army rescued five kidnap victims. &nbsp,

On Saturday, the victims were rescued.

The kidnappings occurred in response to two separate armed bandits’ kidnappings. Four civilians were taken from their homes in the first, and another civilian was taken from a nearby location in the second.

What’s the Cause of Nigeria’s Renewed Kidnapping Crisis? READ ALSO. ‎

When troops received the distress reports, they went immediately to both locations, effectively ejecting the kidnappers using their superior firepower.

The bandits retreated in disarray, abandoning all five victims who had been saved unharmed.

Read more about Bandits abducting the traditional ruler of Kwara.

Under Brigadier General Kasim Umar Sidi’s leadership, the Brigade reiterated its commitment to safeguarding Kogi State’s lives and property.

Bandits Abduct Traditional Ruler In Kwara

In Kwara State’s Ifelodun Local Government Area, bandits have abducted a traditional ruler, the Ojibara of Bayagan Oba Kamilu Salami.

The incident has heightened new concerns about the state’s increasingly insecure communities.

Read more about Bandits abducting 24 Farmers In A New Niger Attack.

Although the monarch’s identity was not immediately known until recently, the details surrounding the incident are still undetermined as of the time of writing this report.

What’s the Cause of Nigeria’s Renewed Kidnapping Crisis? ‎

Mahmood Yakubu, Omokri, Ikpeazu, Grace Bent… Full List Of Ambassadorial Nominees

A list of 32 nominees for ambassador positions was submitted to the Senate on Saturday by President Bola Tinubu for confirmation. &nbsp,

Presidential spokesman Bayo Onanuga said the nominees would be assigned to countries that Nigeria has connections to as well as to other international organizations like the UN in a statement.

Former ministers, former governors, former lawmakers, among others are some of the names on the nominees list.

The list included former presidential aide Reno Omokri, former minister of aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode, former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mahmood Yakubu, former governors of Abia and Enugu, and others.

There are 17 non-career ambassador nominees and 15 career ambassador nominees.

A further breakdown reveals that there are six non-career ambassadors and four women on the career ambassadors’ list.

Read more about Tinubu’s nominations for Omokri, Fani-Kayode, Ugwuanyi, Mahmood Yakubu, and 28 others as ambassadors.

See President Tinubu’s full list of the 32 ambassadors that he has nominated:

Nominees for non-career as ambassadors (17)

1. Barr . Abia-Ogbonnaya Kalu

2. Delta-Reno Omokri

3. Former INEC Chairman Prof. Mahmud Yakubu

4. Former Ekiti First Lady, former Ekiti First Lady, Erelu Angela Adebayo

5. Former Enugu governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi

6. Former Speaker of the Katsina State Assembly, Tasiu Musa Maigari

7. Former UBEC deputy executive secretary and former Plateau Commissioner Yakubu N. Gambo

8. Former Senator, Plateau, Professor Nora Ladi Daduut

9. Former deputy governor of Lagos, Otunba Femi Pedro

10. Former Aviation Minister Femi Fani-Kayode, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, Osun.

11. Barr . Anambra – Nkechi Linda Ufochukwu

12. Former Oyo First Lady Fatima Florence Ajimobi

13. Former Lagos Commissioner Lola Akande

14. Adamawa’s former senator Grace Bent

15. Former Abia Governor Victor Okezie Ikpeazu

16. Senator and businessman Jimoh Ibrahim of Ontario,

17. Amb. Former Ambassador to the Holy See, Benue, Paul Oga Adikwu.

Nominees for Career Ambassadors (15)

18. Abia Abia Enebechi Monica Okwuchukwu

19. Taraba Yakubu Nyaku Danladi

20. Adamawa and Miamuna Ibrahim Besto

21. Kebbi and Musa Musa Abubakar

22. Bayelsa-Syndoph Paebi Endoni

23. Ebonyi Chimi Geoffrey Lioma David

24. Ogun, Mopelola Adeola-Ibrahim

25. Samuel Reuben Abimbola Ondo

26. Edo Yvonne Ehinosen Odumah

27. Niger – Hamza Mohammed Salau

28. Amb. Shehu Barde and Katsina

29. Amb. Borno borno Muhammad Mohammed Monguno

30. Amb. Kaduna-Muhammad Saidu Dahiru

31. &nbsp, Amb. Kwara – Olatunji Ahmed Sulu Gambari

32. Amb. Osun – Wahab Adekola Akande

Kano: Three Die In Separate Fire Explosions

In two separate fire incidents that took place in Kano State on Friday, November 28, 2025, three people have been confirmed dead and several stores have been destroyed.

A petrol tanker reportedly fell and burst into flames at the Kura Market Junction along Zaria Road in the Kura Local Government Area at around 1:30 p.m., according to the Kano State Fire Service.

A retired civil service officer, Danlami Muhammad, a spokesperson for the organization, ACFO Saminu Yusif Abdullahi, reported the tanker’s demise after receiving a distress call from him.

According to Abdullahi, “our headquarters men immediately mobilized to the scene.” They arrived and discovered a gasoline tanker with the number NGZ 250 XA, which had about 30 000 liters of petroleum products that had exploded and caught fire. A cyclist was struck by the truck while walking on the road at the time of the incident.

The cyclist escaped with minor injuries, three of whom were later discovered unconscious and later confirmed dead.

Following a coordinated rescue operation involving the Fire Service, the Police, and the Federal Road Safety Corps, the victims were handed over to ASP Ahmad Lawan of the Kura Police Division.

The emergency was resolved by two fire trucks, one from the headquarters and the other from Kura Fire Station. The accident’s cause is still being investigated.

According to Abdullahi, the second incident took place at around 2:45 p.m. when a firefighter, Fire Assistant III Ahmad Gwangwazo, called the central control room about a fire outbreak at Hamisu Plaza on Maiduguri Road in the Taruni Local Government Area.

Our men arrived to find a 200 by 200 foot, two-story building that had gone up in flames from the upper floor. Three shops were impacted by the fire, and two others were saved. Our men saved all the remaining stores on the ground floor and the first floor by preventing the fire from spreading further.

In Bauchi Herders-Farmers Clash, one killed and five people were arrested.

To contain the blaze, a fire truck attached to the current Trade Fair was deployed. The fire’s source is also being looked into.

Alhaji Sani Anas, the agency’s director, made an appeal to the public to be cautious, especially during the holiday season.

He urged the general public to handle fire with care during this time, Abdullahi continued. He also urged drivers to drive cautionably and follow traffic regulations to avoid mishaps that could endanger lives or property.