Troops Rescue Seven Kidnapped Victims In Kano, Four Still Missing

Troops Rescue Seven Kidnapped Victims In Kano, Four Still Missing

Seven kidnapped victims have been rescued by Operation MESA in the Tsanyawa Local Government Area of Kano State during a late-night operation.

The rescue came after residents of Yankamaye Cikin Gari reported an attack by armed bandits that were received at around 11 p.m. on November 29, 2025.

According to security sources, the troops responded “swiftly” to the alert and confronted the attackers while working together with members of the Nigerian Air Force and the Nigerian Police. Before the troops arrived, the bandits had already killed a 60-year-old woman.

Read more about how troops kill four militias and recover their weapons in Taraba.

The 3 Brigade’s Assistant Director Army Public Relations, Captain Babatunde Zubairu, said in a statement that the forces continued to pursue the fugding bandits as they made their way to Rimaye. He claimed that the troops successfully saved the abducted victims after engaging them in a large amount of fire.

Four kidnapped victims are still missing despite the successful rescue of seven people. The bandits escaped toward the Kankia Local Government Area of Katsina State, according to Captain Zubairu, and “search efforts are still being made to locate them.”

Residents are being urged to continue supporting security operations by the Commander of the 3 Brigade, who praised the personnel for what he termed “bravery and prompt response.” We ask the public for timely and reliable information to support ongoing efforts to stop criminal activity, he said.

Source: Channels TV

234Radio

234Radio is Africa's Premium Internet Radio that seeks to export Africa to the rest of the world.