Chelsea Sign Garnacho From Man United

 

Alejandro Garnacho, a Manchester United outcast, was signed by Chelsea on Saturday for a reportedly $40 million ($54 million) fee.

The 21-year-old Argentine international has a seven-year contract with the world champions.

Garnacho was present at Stamford Bridge to watch the Blues defeat Fulham 2-0 to lift the Premier League title.

“It’s a wonderful club for my family and I,” he said. Garnacho remarked, “I can’t wait to start.”

“We are the best team in the world, and to watch the Club World Cup is special,” said one participant. He continued, “I’m very happy and it’s amazing that I’m here.

READ ALSO: Chelsea Can Beat Fulham With VAR Controversy, READ ALSO

Garnacho made 26 goals in 144 United appearances, including the goalkeeper’s 2-1 FA Cup victory over Manchester City in 2024.

However, he lost interest with Ruben Amorim at Old Trafford and was a member of a small group that included Antony and Jadon Sancho, who had been kept from first team training with the rest of the squad this year.

Chelsea’s spending in this window has grown to more than £250 million thanks to Garnacho’s arrival.

Enzo Maresca has also expanded his attacking options with Joao Pedro, Liam Delap, Estevao, and Jamie Gittens.

However, Nicolas Jackson’s loan to Bayern Munich could be prevented by a hamstring injury suffered by Delap against Fulham.

The Senegalese international was supposed to join the Bundesliga champions, but according to reports, Chelsea have ordered Jackson to move back to London, with Pedro as the only fit player.

It’s sufficient when you have two strikers. When one of them has been injured for several weeks, Maresca said, “probably it’s not enough,” adding that he anticipates Delap to miss six to eight weeks.

Morocco Beat Madagascar To Win Record Third CHAN Title

Oussama Lamlioui’s late strike earned Morocco a stunning 3-2 victory over Madagascar in Nairobi, which is their record third African Nations Championship title.

In the ninth minute, Felicite Manohatsoa’s long-range strike gave Madagascar’s first-ever winners a surprise lead.

Jean Luc Ranaivoson, the forward of Madagascar, reacts after receiving his medal following their defeat to Morocco in the final game of the African Nations Championship (CHAN) at the Nairobi Stadium on August 30, 2025. (Photo by Luis TATO/AFP)

However, Youssef Mehri broke free of the Malagasy defense in the 27th minute to the delight of the largest crowd in the Kenyan capital.

Just before the break, Berkane forward Lamlioui put the Atlas Lions in front for the first time.

Midway through the second half, substitute Toky Rakotondraibe equalized for his team with an extra-time winner in Madagascar’s semi-final victory over Sudan.

With just 10 minutes left, Lamlioui’s double, which included six goals, ensured Morocco equaled their 2018 and 2020 titles.

The final game of the African Nations Championship (CHAN) final football game between Madagascar and Morocco, played at Kasarani Stadium in Nairobi on August 30, 2025, is held at the hands of FIFA President Gianni Infantino (R), Kenya’s President William Ruto (C), and President of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) Patrice Motsepe (R). (Photo by Luis TATO/AFP)

After their youth teams won the Under-17 Africa Cup of Nations and advanced to the Under-20 tournament final, the year has come for Moroccan football.

The senior AFCON will be held in the North African nation for the first time since 1988, with the start date for the event set for December 21.

Ten Hag’s Leverkusen Slump To Draw At 10-Man Bremen

Erik ten Hag’s first league victory came at the hands of Bayern Leverkusen, who let a two-goal lead to draw 3-3 at 10-man Werder Bremen on Saturday.

After Patrik Schick’s Panenka penalty midway through the second-half, Leverkusen were 3-1 up and 3-1 up. Bremen’s Niklas Stark received a second yellow card for the foul that caused the spot-kick.

However, Leverkusen restored Bremen’s lead when goalkeeper Mark Flekken advanced out of his zone and stumbled on a long ball, giving Isaac Schmidt the best of finishes.

In stoppage time, Bremen continued to attack and scored with a point when Karim Coulibaly headed in after the ball veered off the crossbar.

Coulibaly, age 18, is the Bundesliga’s youngest ever goal scorer for Bremen.

READ ALSO: Chelsea Can Beat Fulham With VAR Controversy, READ ALSO

Erik ten Hag, the Dutch head coach for Bayer Leverkusen, reacts during the German first division Bundesliga game between Werder Bremen and Bayer Leverkusen on August 30, 2025 in Bremen. (Photo by Ibrahim OT/AFP)

After Schick scored the opening goal in the fifth minute and debutant Malik Tillman added another, Leverkusen were also 2-0 up in the first half.

Before the second-half drama, Bremen won a contentious penalty that Romano Schmidt converted on the stroke of half-time.

Ten Hag is trying to piece together a team full of freshmen while reviving his own reputation following a subpar start to his Manchester United career.

Tillman told DAZN, “We made too many simple mistakes. We made stupid mistakes and gave the game away.”

Leverkusen’s remarkable away run continued despite the disappointment, which saw the team remain unbeaten on the road since May 2023.

It’s difficult to accept, she said. We must quickly get better. This is obviously not a favorable circumstance, according to Schick.

Ritsu Doan, the new Eintracht Frankfurt winger, added an assist and scored a brace in the other half of the club’s 3-1 victory over Hoffenheim.

Doan, a Japanese winger from Freiburg in the summer, superbly curled the ball into the top corner to give Frankfurt the lead in 17 minutes.

Doan doubled 10 minutes later, tapping in a Jean-Matteo Bahoya pass on the break before making Can Uzun’s third goal.

Just hours after Nick Woltemade’s official departure from Newcastle was announced, Stuttgart defeated Borussia Moenchengladbach 1-0 at home with a late header from Chema Andres.

After some poor marking by the Gladbach defense, the German Cup winners were sluggish but eventually scored with Andres’ header in the final 79 minutes of play.

With goals from Christoph Baumgartner and Romulo Cardoso, RB Leipzig recovered from last week’s 6-0 defeat at the hands of Bayern Munich. The team won 2-0 at home against Heidenheim.

Bayern, the defending champion, will face Augsburg in Saturday’s late game.

Man United Scrape Through Burnley To Secure First Win Of Season

Ruben Amorim’s under-fire manager had a much-needed first win of the season, but Manchester United needed a 97th minute Bruno Fernandes penalty to beat newly promoted Burnley 3-2.

The Red Devils twice took the lead at Old Trafford on Saturday after leaving Grimsby in the League Cup on Wednesday.

However, they were saved in stoppage time when Fernandes scored from the spot after a VAR review for a pull on Amad Diallo, who had missed a penalty in last weekend’s 1-1 draw at Fulham.

With victory, United can now take four points from their first three Premier League games and relieve Amorim’s workload ahead of their two-week international break.

The 20-time English champions’ humiliating defeat to League Two opponents in midweek was the club’s most recent and biggest scandal of its tenure.

In the aftermath, the Portuguese coach doubted his future, saying that “something has to change” and that he would “think things through.”

Andre Onana was replaced by Amorim in the third successive Premier League game, while Benjamin Sesko made a third-place start on the bench.

READ ALSO: Chelsea Can Beat Fulham With VAR Controversy

On August 30, 2025, Manchester United’s Slovenian striker #30 Benjamin Sesko reaches the highest head of the ball during the English Premier League game between Burnley and Manchester United at Old Trafford in Manchester, north of England. (Photo by Oli SCARFF/AFP)

United started as a team determined to win back their fans.

Before United had a penalty overturned by a VAR review after Mason Mount fell victim to Kyle Walker’s challenge, Martin Dubravka did a good job of denying Bryan Mbeumo an early opener.

Rodrigo Muniz’s penalty at Fulham was United’s only previous Premier League goal of the season when he converted into his own net.

Casemiro’s header hit the crossbar, breaking the deadlock, and into the unlucky Josh Cullen, who Amorim’s men needed another own goal.

Before half-time, Diallo had a huge chance fired wide from Mbeumo’s pass. United should have been in the lead.

In the first half, Burnley hardly faced any threat as an attacking force, but United did so effortlessly when United equaled on 55 minutes.

Jacob Bruun Larsen’s pinpoint cross was crossed by Lyle Foster as she stretched.

United regained control right away after the first whistle.

The Frenchman’s first Premier League goal since joining Brentford for £65 million was scored thanks to Mbeumo’s clever movement, which saw him divert from his market to meet Diogo Dalot’s cross.

As Burnley once more came from behind, United’s frailty from set-pieces and their goalkeeping issues persisted.

The Clarets and Foster were denied a second equalizer by the best of margins for offside against the South African international.

On August 30, 2025, Manchester United’s South African striker #9 Lyle Foster (L) dribbles round Turkey’s goalkeeper #01 Altay Bayindir (R) to score, but he is ruled offside and the goal is overturned in the English Premier League game between Burnley and Manchester United at Old Trafford in north-western England. (Photo by Oli SCARFF/AFP)

When Loum Tchaouna’s effort was stifled by Jaidon Anthony in the middle of the goal, it was Jaidon Anthony who scored the winner.

In the final fifteen minutes of the search for a winner, Amorim finally called Sesko.

The enormous Slovenian twice missed his heroes’ goals.

After a lengthy VAR check to determine whether Anthony’s pull on Diallo continued inside the box, Fernandes instead rode his side to his rescue.

Burnley now has three points from their first three games following an agonizing defeat.

Chelsea Benefit From VAR Controversy To Beat Fulham

Fulham were left to rue a number of costly decisions that were made against them at Stamford Bridge on Saturday when Chelsea took advantage of the VAR controversy to defeat them 2-0.

In the west London derby, Enzo Maresca’s side were fortunate not to be let down by a harsh penalty for a first-half opener.

Rodrigo Muniz’s accidental collision with Trevoh Chalobah was ruled out by VAR, who determined Josh King’s strike to be unfavorable.

At the end of the first half, Joao Pedro extended Chelsea’s lead beyond the eight-minute mark of stoppage-time, as if that weren’t enough enraging for Fulham manager Marco Silva.

On August 30, 2025, Chelsea’s #20 Brazilian striker Joao Pedro (C) scores the opening goal in the English Premier League game between Chelsea and Fulham at Stamford Bridge in London. (Photo by AFP photographer JUSTIN TALLIS)

Chelsea’s second goal was also VAR-influenced, adding to Silva’s anger as a result of Ryan Sessegnon’s mistake led to Enzo Fernandez scoring from the penalty spot.

Chelsea’s Argentinian midfielder #08 Enzo Fernandez (R) celebrates scoring their second goal from the penalty spot during the English Premier League football match between Chelsea and Fulham on August 30, 2025 at Stamford Bridge in London. (Photo by AFP photographer JUSTIN TALLIS)

Chelsea’s third successive Premier League encounter with a London rival extended their unbeaten start to three games with a draw with Crystal Palace and a 5-1 victory over West Ham.

Alejandro Garnacho watched from the stands as the Argentine international completed his move from Manchester United to Chelsea’s training facility on Friday.

Nicolas Jackson is set to join Chelsea on loan, while Christopher Nkunku signed for AC Milan on Saturday, and Garnacho is set to make his debut.

Before being forced to leave after appearing to pull his hamstring while chasing a long pass, Liam Delap, who was in charge of Chelsea’s overhauled attack, had less than 15 minutes to play.

After Blues forward Cole Palmer was sidelined by a groin injury that will prevent him from participating in England’s upcoming World Cup qualifiers, the striker’s exit was yet another blow for Maresca.

King believed that his first professional goal in the 21st minute had broken the deadlock.

Read more about AC Milan signing France forward Nkunku from Chelsea.

Silva seethes, andnbsp

On August 30, 2025, during Chelsea vs. Fulham in the English Premier League game at Stamford Bridge in London, Portuguese head coach Marco Silva gestures on the touchline. (Photo by AFP photographer JUSTIN TALLIS)

The 18-year-old forward had accelerated and slammed low past Robert Sanchez in a composed manner away from Chelsea’s defense.

However, Muniz made contact with the Chelsea defender’s foot as he spun away from Chalobah’s tackle on the halfway line to start the attack.

King scored as Chalobah scuffed to the ground before play continued.

Referee Rob Jones disallowed the goal for a “careless challenge,” telling the pitchside monitor to review the incident.

Following a VAR (Video Assistant Referee) review during the English Premier League football match between Chelsea and Fulham at Stamford Bridge in London on August 30, 2025, a Fulham goal was disallowed for a foul in the build-up. (Photo by AFP photographer JUSTIN TALLIS)

Silva blasted the fourth official in a furious rant on the touchline after that explanation.

On the stroke of half-time, Tyrique George, who was substituted for Delap, almost made it with a close-range save from Bernd Leno at his near post.

Chelsea opened the scoring from the corner that should have lasted eight minutes before stoppage-time.

Fernandez curled the set-piece in front of Pedro, who unchallengedly fired home from close range for his second goal of the season.

Silva was enthralled once more by the pricey extra seconds that had been added.

When Fulham’s fans chanted “1-0 to the referee” during the half-time whistle, he made no attempt to confront Jones.

A VAR (Video Assistant Referee) review of Chelsea and Fulham’s potential handball in the penalty area at Stamford Bridge in London on August 30, 2025, is revealed on the big screen. (Photo by AFP photographer JUSTIN TALLIS)

Silva and Fulham both expressed more VAR angst in the 56th minute.

When Sessegnon blocked Chalobah’s cross in the area, his arm was far away from his body.

However, the penalty was only given after VAR determined that Pedro’s challenge on Joachim Anderson and a potential handball by the Brazilian in the build-up were unfees.

Silva was left fuming once more as Fernandez ignored the noise and fired home the spot-kick.

Alcaraz, Djokovic Zoom Into US Open Last 16 As Sabalenka Avenges Defeat

As Aryna Sabalenka avenged the loss to the top 16 by moving closer to a semi-final showdown with Novak Djokovic and Carlo Alcaraz on Friday.

Alcaraz, the second seed from Spain, and Djokovic, the legend of Serbia, both won comfortably to advance to the last 16 and are only one point away from meeting in the last four.

Luciano Darderi, the 32nd seeded by Italy, won 6-2, 6-4, 6-0 at Arthur Ashe Stadium, while Djokovic, who is aiming for a record 25th Grand Slam singles title, defeated Cam Norrie 6-4, 6-7 (4 / 7), 6-2, 6-3.

On day six of the US Open tennis competition, which takes place at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York City on August 29, 2025, Spain’s Carlos Alcaraz returns to Italy’s Luciano Darderi. (Photo by TIMOTHY A. CLARY/AFP)

The 2022 US Open champion will face Frenchman Arthur Rinderknech, who defeated compatriot Benjamin Bonzi 4-6, 6-3, 6-3, 6-2 in a match played on Sunday after Alcaraz’ one hour, 44-minute victory.

Alcaraz said he had no injuries and needed a medical timeout while leading 5-4 in the second set for right knee treatment.

READ MORE: &nbsp, Rybakina Routs Raducanu To Win The US Open.

Milestone for Djokovic

On day six of the US Open tennis competition, which takes place at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York City on August 29, 2025, Novak Djokovic from Serbia hits a forehand return to Britain’s Cameron Norrie. (Photo by CHARLY TRIBALLEAU/AFP)

In addition, Djokovic, 38, excelled in his evening victory over Norrie, which places him in a fourth-round matchup with German veteran Jan-Lennard Struff.

After becoming the oldest man to reach the US Open last 16 since Jimmy Connors in 1991, Djokovic said, “Coming into any match you really want to win in straight sets without any drama.”

He continued, “It’s good that I get tested.” “I’m still trying to find my groove and rhythm on the court.”

With a 6-4, 6-3, 7-6 (9/7) defeat of popular 17th seed Frances Tiafoe, Djokovic’s fourth-round opponent Struff severely damaged American hopes of becoming the first home US Open champion since 2003.

To be honest with you, Tiafoe said, “I don’t know how to recover from this.” “I haven’t been this down in a very, very long time,” said one participant.

Tiafoe’s departure came after another disappointing loss for American fans, when big-serving American fans forced to cry after the fourth set of their match against Frenchman Adrian Mannarino.

Shelton, 22, was 6-3, 3-6, and 6-4 when he started to feel shoulder pain. After Mannarino won the fourth set, he continued but threw the towel.

Shelton was depressed, telling him, “I’m not a guy who would retire if I could go on.”

With Shelton and Tiafoe leaving, Taylor Fritz, who had previously defeated Taylor Fritz in the US Open, was left to win the tournament in an evening victory over Swiss qualifier Jerome Kym, 7-6 (7/3), 6-7 (9/11), 6-4, 6-4, 6-4.

India Submits Application To Host 2030 Commonwealth Games

Sabalenka Revenge 

On day six of the US Open tennis competition, which takes place at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York City, Belarus’ Aryna Sabalenka celebrates a point against Canada’s Leylah Fernandez on August 29, 2025. (Photo by CHARLY TRIBALLEAU/AFP)

In the women’s draw, Sabalenka, the reigning champion of the 2021 US Open, won Armstrong straight sets to avenge her semi-final defeat to Leylah Fernandez.

After being upset by the unheralded Fernandez four years ago, Sabalenka was left devastated and enraged to receive a place in her first Grand Slam final there.

However, the Belarusian 27-year-old made sure there was no repeat on Friday, defeating Fernandez 6-3, 7-6 (7/2). With her remarkable winning streak in tie-breaks extended to 18, Sabalenka’s victory.

Sabalenka later said, “I wanted this vengeance badly.” It taught me a difficult lesson in the past, I recall.

I merely wanted to show to myself that I had learned the lesson, that I had improved, and that I could win.

On day six of the US Open tennis competition at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in New York City on August 29, 2025, Belarus’ Aryna Sabalenka (L) and Canada’s Leylah Fernandez shake hands and wave hands after winning their third-round match of women’s singles tennis at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center. (Photo by CHARLY TRIBALLEAU/AFP)

In the following round, Sabalenka takes on Spaniard Cristina Bucsa, who is unseeded. Elise Mertens, Belgium’s 19th seed, defeated Bucsa in an upset 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 decision on Friday.

With Taylor Townsend edging out Russian fifth seed Mirra Andreeva 7-5, 6-2, Arthur Ashe suffered yet another upset in the dying moments.

Elena Rybakina, the ninth seed in Kazakh, defeated British international Emma Raducanu 6-1, 6-2 to advance to a last-four tie with 2023 Wimbledon champion Marketa Vondrousova, who defeated Italian seventh seed Jasmine Paolini 7-6 (7-4) 6-1.

American fourth-seeded Jessica Pegula defeated compatriot Ann Li 6-1, 7-5, in other women’s draw games.