Did Tommy Fury cheat on Molly-Mae Hague? Stars ‘together’ but ‘living separate lives’

The Love Island runners up broke off their engagement in 2024 amid cheating rumours and though they are back together, Molly-Mae has said they are ‘living separate lives’

Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury used to be one of Love Island’s biggest success stories. Having met on the show, they fell in love, had a daughter and got engaged. So when they split in 2024, their fans were shocked and wanted to know why. One question on everyone’s mind was: Did Tommy cheat?

Though rumours died down when the pair got back together earlier this year, they have sparked back up following a sad admission from Molly-Mae ahead of the release of the second series of her documentary, Molly-Mae: Behind It All. In an interview to promote the show, which airs this Saturday (18 October), Molly said that though she and Tommy are together, “we’re also living quite separate lives” and are “definitely not a perfect couple”.

READ MORE: Olivia Attwood ‘couldn’t be more in love’ with her new favourite IPL gadget with £500 offREAD MORE: Molly-Mae Hague reveals key reason why she wants second child

In August 2024, Molly-Mae dropped their break-up bombshell on Instagram. She wrote: “Never in a million years did I think I’d ever have to write this. After five years of being together I never imagined our story would end, especially not this way. I am extremely upset to announce that mine and Tommy’s relationship has come to an end.”

Fans wondered what “especially this way” meant, and some started to suggest Molly-Mae called off the engagement because Tommy cheated. Speaking with the Mirror at the time, communication expert Judi James said the wording made the Love Island star “sound shocked and angry” suggesting “something truly hard and definitive has occurred”.

Shortly after their split was announced, a source told The Sun that “Molly-Mae is now aware Tommy was unfaithful to her. She believes it has happened a number of times. It seems he would play away when he knew people wouldn’t recognise him.” In particular, there was a rumour that he cheated on his fiancee with a Danish woman at a club in North Macedonia.

However, both the woman, Milla Corfixen, and Tommy have strongly denied this. Tommy has denied any infidelity, and a spokesperson for the boxer told Mirror at the time: “Tommy is horrified by the false allegations of cheating being circulated by the media and he’s consulting his lawyers.”

But, that same month, a TikToker called Kay Keogh claimed she received flirty messages from Tommy after meeting him in Manchester. She shared a screenshot of a message allegedly from Tommy’s account and told her followers that she gave him her Instagram after meeting him on a night out, and he then sent her flirty DMs. However, Kay later revealed she had been catfished and the person was not Tommy.

Since then, Tommy has addressed the cheating allegations himself. He told the Mail online that he has never cheated and would break up with his partner before every reaching that point.

“I think if you were going to cheat on someone you should just sit down and say, ‘I don’t love you any more,’ clearly because you want to go and pursue other people.

“When you get to that stage, you should just call it a day. If you want to go out there and have affairs with women then you definitely shouldn’t be with your partner. Definitely not. And have I ever reached that point? No.”

Molly-Mae addressed the rumours too and seemed to suggest these were not the reason for their break-up. In a conversation on her documentary, she said: “The rumours that were coming out at the time. I mean, it was just a lot.

“People genuinely believe everything they read, because I was getting messages from people quite close to me saying, ‘I’m really sorry to hear that he’s gotten somebody pregnant.’ ‘I’m really sorry to hear that he’s been with this person.’ And I was just like, ‘Where is this coming from?’ It was a build up.”

Article continues below

She also said that since they reconciled, she has “become more aware of a lot of things that have been going on that I was so naïve to for so long, and I still don’t think I know the full picture.” But this was about her partner’s mental health, rather than infidelity. She explained: “Obviously, he knows it’s the drink. He’s not drank now for what, four months?

“I don’t think the drink’s gone away forever. Do I think that drink could still be a problem for us, potentially? Yeah, but I think the break-up showed Tommy that I’m serious.”

Raducanu ends season and will keep coach for 2026

Getty Images

Britain’s Emma Raducanu has withdrawn from her final two events of the year because of the illness she has been battling over the past 10 days.

The 22-year-old was due to play in Tokyo and Hong Kong but has decided to fly home to recover before starting her preparations for 2026.

Those preparations will include coach Francisco Roig, as the pair have agreed to work together again next season.

Raducanu had her blood pressure taken during her first-round match with Ann Li in Wuhan last week and retired when trailing 6-1 4-1 on an oppressively humid day.

She again required a visit from the doctor at this week’s Ningbo Open, where she lost in three sets to Chinese wildcard Zhu Lin in the opening round.

Raducanu was also moving far from freely in the deciding set against Zhu because of the lower back problem that has troubled her at times this year.

Those results meant an encouraging season, in which Raducanu rose into the world’s top 30 for the first time in more than three years, ended with three successive defeats.

    • 15 hours ago
    • 1 day ago
    • 3 days ago

Raducanu won 28 matches this year and reached the semi-finals in Washington, but her most impressive week was at the Miami Open in March.

The British number one reached the quarter-finals of the WTA 1000 event, beating eighth seed Emma Navarro on the way before losing in three sets to fourth-ranked Pegula.

She was coached by Mark Petchey from Miami until Wimbledon, with Roig taking over in time for the US Open.

The initial agreement with Rafael Nadal’s former coach was until the end of the season but the partnership will continue, with a training block pencilled in for the end of the year.

Raducanu told BBC Sport her three-day trial with Roig after Wimbledon was like a “black ops mission” as they tried to keep the meeting secret.

She came very close to beating world number one Aryna Sabalenka at their first tournament together in Cincinnati in August.

Related topics

  • Tennis

More on this story

  • Some tennis balls
    • 16 August
    BBC Sport microphone and phone

Madagascar’s new army ruler to be sworn in as Rajoelina confirms departure

Madagascar‘s new military leader, who came to power on the back of a popular rebellion, has announced that he will be sworn in as the country’s president, defying the decision of the African Union (AU) to suspend the island nation’s membership.

The military seized power, forcing President Andry Rajoelina to flee the country last week. Colonel Michael Randrianirina announced late on Wednesday that he will take his oath as the country’s new leader on Friday, saying the High Constitutional Court will perform the ceremony.

Recommended Stories

list of 3 itemsend of list

“Colonel Michael Randrianirina will be sworn in as the President for the Refoundation of the Republic of Madagascar during a formal hearing,” the statement read.

The announcement throws the country deeper into a constitutional crisis, as Rajoelina has refused to renounce his position as president and earlier ordered the dissolution of the National Assembly. He had also accused the assembly of colluding with Randrianirina to mount the military takeover.

In a statement to the AFP news agency late on Wednesday, Rajoelina said he left the country between October 11 and 12 after “explicit and extremely serious threats were made against the life of the Head of State”.

According to news reports, Rajoelina was evacuated on Sunday on board a French military plane.

On Monday, Rajoelina said he had taken refuge in a “safe place” without giving further details.

Rajoelina has remained silent about the possibility of returning to the country.

Randrianirina said earlier that the military had taken power and dissolved all institutions except the National Assembly.

He also said a committee led by the military would rule for up to two years alongside a transitional government before organising new elections.

The removal of the former leader followed weeks of deadly “Gen-Z” protests, which initially erupted over power and water shortages, and evolved into the most serious crisis the country and Rajoelina’s government had faced in years.

Randrianirina was a commander in the elite CAPSAT army unit that played a key role in the 2009 coup, which brought Rajoelina to power, but broke ranks with him last week, urging soldiers not to fire on protesters.

Madagascar is the latest of several former French colonies to have fallen under military control since 2020, after coups in Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Gabon and Guinea.

On Wednesday, the AU suspended Madagascar as a member with immediate effect following the coup, and called for the restoration of civilian-led governance as well as elections.

Indonesia and Kluivert part ways after FIFA World Cup 2026 miss

Patrick Kluivert’s stint as Indonesia coach is over after only nine months as both parties “mutually” agreed to part ways following a failed bid to reach the FIFA World Cup 2026.

Indonesia’s hopes of qualifying for the tournament in North America next year ended with defeats by Iraq and Saudi Arabia in the past week in the fourth round of Asian Football Confederation (AFC) qualifiers.

Recommended Stories

list of 4 itemsend of list

The former Netherlands and Barcelona forward was only appointed in January, on a two-year contract partway through Indonesia’s qualifying campaign, and was in charge for eight matches.

The 49-year-old won three of his games in charge, losing four and drawing one.

In a post on Instagram, Kluivert described his time in charge as “an unforgettable journey”.

He added: “Even though I’m deeply disappointed and sorry for the fact that we didn’t make it to the World Cup, I’ll always be proud of what we built together.

“The defeats against Saudi Arabia and Iraq were bitter lessons, but also reminders of how high our shared dreams are. As head coach, I take full responsibility.”

The 49-year-old Kluivert replaced South Korean coach Shin Tae-yong amid the intensification of the Indonesian federation’s policy of naturalising players from Europe with Indonesian heritage. The programme helped take the team to the final stages of qualification for the first time since 1938, when it appeared at the World Cup as Dutch East Indies.

The majority of Kluivert’s final roster of 23 were born overseas, mainly in the Netherlands. However, results didn’t noticeably improve under the new coaching setup.

The Football Association of Indonesia, PSSI, said Kluivert’s departure was “through mutual termination”.

“This step was taken as part of a comprehensive evaluation of the national football coaching and development programme,” it added.

The statement did not name Kluivert’s successor.

Amsterdam-born Kluivert retired as a player in 2008 after a stellar career that started at Ajax, where he won the Champions League, before moves to AC Milan and Barcelona.

Kluivert’s managerial career has not been nearly as spectacular.

His previous coaching role was in charge of Adana Demirspor in Turkiye for five months in 2023.

Before that, he was caretaker manager of Curacao in 2021.

Big trio set for Champions Day showdown at Ascot

Getty Images

Three of the world’s top-rated racehorses – Ombudsman, Delacroix and Calandagan – have been confirmed to meet in a blockbuster Champion Stakes at Ascot on Saturday.

Ombudsman, number one in the rankings, swooped late to beat Delacroix (rated joint sixth) in the Coral-Eclipse Stakes before the tables were turned in the Juddmonte International – and the pair now meet for a third time.

King George winner Calandagan, who is joint ninth in the global rankings, joins them, along with last year’s Irish Champion Stakes winner Economics who races for the first time in a year.

The Champion Stakes headlines five top-level Group One contests on a seven-race card on Qipco British Champions Day – the country’s richest raceday with a total of £4.35m prize money on offer.

Ombudsman’s stablemate Field Of Gold will run in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes for trainer John Gosden, whose strong hand on the day also features Gold Cup victor Trawlerman in the Long Distance Cup.

Owners Godolphin ran a pacemaker to assist Ombudsman in the Juddmonte at York and do so again in the £1.3m Champion Stakes, with Devil’s Advocate supplemented at a cost of £75,000.

    • 20 August
    • 5 July
    • 19 October 2024

Field Of Gold was an impressive winner of the Irish 2,000 Guineas and St James’s Palace Stakes at Royal Ascot before a surprise defeat in the Sussex Stakes, after which he was found to be lame.

Hoping to go one better in the QEII will be Rosallion, trained by Richard Hannon, after three narrow top-level defeats this year, while Karl Burke’s filly Fallen Angel comes into the race off a Group One hat-trick.

Kalpana, runner-up to Calandagan in the King George, is among the favourites in the Fillies and Mares Stakes having finished seventh in the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe.

Andrew Balding, second in the British trainers’ championship behind Delacroix’s trainer Aidan O’Brien, saddles Kalpana while his other hopes include Almeric and Fox Legacy in the Champion Stakes and Never So Brave and Marvelman in the QEII.

“Ascot is a fantastic way to end the season at the world’s greatest racecourse,” he told BBC Radio Berkshire.

“It’s certainly been an amazing year for us and hopefully we can add to it on Saturday.”

Related topics

  • Horse Racing

More on this story