2027 Polls: Gov Diri Promises Tinubu, APC 99% Votes In Bayelsa

Senator Duoye Diri, the governor of Bayelsa State, pledged to support President Bola Tinubu with 99% of the vote in the 2027 general elections.

Diri made the pledge during a ceremony in Yenagoa to formally welcome him to the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Among the dignitaries present at the event were Vice President Kashim Shettima, President Tinubu, President of the Senate, Godswill Akpabio, and other party loyalists.

Bayelsa, a state long associated with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is in for a major political transition with the event.

Following extensive consultations, Governor Diri resigned from the PDP on October 15, 2025.

Dapo Abiodun (Ogun), Lucky Aiyedatiwa (Ondo), Sheriff Oborevwori (Delta), Hope Uzodimma (Imo), Umo Eno (Akwa Ibom), and others were among the APC Governors present.

Read more about Shettima, Akpabio, and APC governors in Bayelsa as Diri joins the ruling party.

The governor addressed the audience, saying, “I am not a bossy type, I have come to unite us so that we can work together and produce a 99 percent result in Bayelsa come 2027.” I’m not familiar with the opposing side’s position.

He also recalled the encouragement and love he had gotten from the APC since deciding to switch camps.

Diri claims that because of what he described as the direction the APC-led Federal Government gave him, he made the decision to abandon the PDP and become governor.

Without defining what he meant, the governor claimed that the government is in love with the Ijaw people.

He stated that his goal as a leader in Bayelsa is to unite every party member, describing himself as a team player.

“Bayelsa State and the Federal Government have a lot of work to do together if we align with them because they love the Izon people so much.

Anyone telling you otherwise is for his own selfish agenda, so don’t let anyone deceive you. Many people were concerned that the APC might have divided into factions.

Trump’s Threat: NSA, Security Chiefs Holds Briefing Today

Nigeria’s Office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) and top security chiefs will brief the press on Monday following U. S. President Donald Trump’s threat to deploy American troops over alleged attacks on Christians in Nigeria.

Lanre Issa-Onilu, Director-General of the National Orientation Agency, disclosed this at the National Joint Security Press Briefing in Abuja.

He described the U. S. President’s claims as false and a failure of American intelligence.

Issa-Onilu said the Federal Government remains committed to fighting terrorism and urged responsible media reporting on security issues.

He added that the NSA briefing will provide additional details and reaffirm Nigeria’s commitment to religious harmony.

Combo of US President Donald Trump and President Bola Tinubu.

President Trump, on Sunday, reiterated his threat of possible military operations in Nigeria over the alleged killings of Christians.

When asked aboard Air Force One if he was considering U. S. troops or air strikes, Trump said, “Could be, I envisage a lot of things”.

READ ALSO: &nbsp,]VIDEO] ANALYSIS: Will US Carry Out Military Action In Nigeria?

He had earlier posted on Truth Social that he directed the Pentagon to prepare a possible attack plan for Nigeria.

Trump claimed Christianity was facing “an existential threat” in Africa’s most populous nation.

He warned that if Nigeria failed to stop the killings, U. S. action would be “fast, vicious, and sweet”.

The U. S. President’s declaration has since sparked widespread reactions from political and diplomatic circles.

Responding, presidential spokesman Daniel Bwala told AFP that Nigeria remains America’s partner in the global fight against terrorism.

“Nigeria welcomes U. S. support to fight terrorism as long as it respects our territorial integrity”, Bwala said.

He noted that Trump’s comments might be aimed at encouraging a high-level meeting between both leaders.

Bwala added that President Tinubu and Trump could meet soon to discuss shared security concerns and clarify differences over faith-related violence.

Tinubu earlier dismissed suggestions that Christians were being targeted more than other groups, insisting that Nigeria’s religious tolerance remains strong.

Live-Band Maestro Akiin Shuga, Dies At 50

Akinloye Tofowomo, a well-known musician and live-band leader in Nigeria, passed away at the age of 50.

The singer passed away on October 30, 2025, in Canada’s New Brunswick, according to his family. His death’s cause was unknown.

The Shuga Band, one of Nigeria’s most well-known live bands, was founded and led by Akiin Shuga.

The organization performed at significant state, corporate, and social events throughout the nation, earning widespread praise.

Femi Dare’s family released a statement expressing their profound sorrow and complete submission to God’s will in a statement.

Akiin Shuga was described as “a guardian of rhythm, culture, and the spirit of performance,” according to the statement.

He “redefined what it meant to lead a band with grace, mastery, and purpose,” according to the statement.

READ MORE: Ruggedman Says Afrobeats Tag Might Soon End.

The family requested privacy as they deal with the loss, saying they would like “quiet reflection and space to honor his life.”

In Nigeria’s live performance sector, Akiin Shuga founded the Shuga Band in 1998, setting a standard for professionalism and artistry.

He overcame his precariousness to become a symbol of resilience and inspiration despite having been diagnosed with polio at the age of five.

Additionally, he founded the Shuga Limb Foundation to assist those who have limb problems.

Since then, tributes have been pouring in from all corners of Nigeria’s entertainment industry, with many calling him a “pioneer, mentor, and custodian of live performance culture.”

The family said that the funeral and memorial services will be made public in due course.

Anambra Poll: ADC Pledges Better Infrastructure, Environmental Reforms

If elected, John Nwosu, the governor of Anambra State, has pledged to give environmental management and infrastructure development priority.

Nwosu made the promise while campaigning in the Idemili North Local Government Area’s Ogidi headquarters.

Thousands of supporters gathered to hear his plans for the state, and the ADC campaign train roared along.

Ogidi residents urged the upcoming administration to address their issue, pleading for poor road networks and frequent flooding.

Nwosu assured the audience that his administration would give environmental management the care it deserves.

He stated that his administration would concentrate on long-term solutions to community maintenance of roads, drainage, and erosion.

Read more about Amupitan’s first major test, Theodo, in Anambra Election.

The ADC continues to build up its support base in the 21 local government areas with only four days until campaigns are over.

Joash Amupitan, INEC Chairman, addresses journalists following his swearing-in on Thursday, October 23, 2025.

Meanwhile, Professor Joash Amupitan, SAN, the head of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has assured voters that the upcoming off-cycle governorship election in Anambra State will be peaceful and credible, citing extensive preparations and a shared commitment to non-violence.

During the ongoing signing of the Peace Accord, which was overseen by former head of state General Abdulsalami Abubakar (rtd), Professor Amupitan reportedly assured the audience in a statement released by INEC on Monday.

The INEC Chairman praised the NPC for its “unwavering commitment to fostering peaceful elections in Nigeria,” noting that the inclusion of the Peace Accord initiative in off-cycle governorship elections has had a significant impact on reducing electoral tensions and violence in the nation.

Governor Chukwuma Soludo

On November 8, 2025, the Anambra Governorship Election is expected to draw 16 political parties and 2.8 million voters.

Air India Crash Sole Survivor Describes Life Since Tragedy As ‘Very Difficult’

The only survivor of the Air India crash in June revealed how much of his suffering he has endured both mentally and physically since surviving the deadly accident in Ahmedabad.

In the interviews that were aired and published on Monday, Vishwash Kumar Ramesh claimed the months following the crash had been “very difficult” and that 241 passengers on the London-bound plane and 19 others were killed.

In what he has called “a miracle,” the British citizen who lives in Leicester, central England, lost his brother and survived the plane wreckage.

Also read: &nbsp, Survivability And Loss In an Air India Plane Disaster.

(FILES) On June 14, 2025, the Air India Boeing 787-8, which operated as flight 171, crashed shortly after taking off in a residential area close to the Ahmedabad airport, is pictured in a wreckage. (Photo by Punit PARANJPE/AFP)

The 39-year-old told Britain’s domestic Press Association that “God gave me life but took all of my happiness and from my family.”

“It completely destroyed my family,” my family says. “It’s very difficult for me and my family.”

He added that Ajay, his brother, “was my strength” and “my everything.”

On June 12, the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner crashed into a medical college shortly after taking off from Ahmedabad, western India.

According to an initial report from India’s Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB), the jet’s engines were shut off moments before impact.

It did not draw any other conclusive conclusions or assign blame to the disaster.

The father of one of the pilots requested an independent investigation from India’s highest court last month, alleging that the official investigation had unfairly blamed the crew.

(FILES) On June 14, 2025, the Air India Boeing 787-8, which operated as flight 171, crashed shortly after taking off in a residential area close to the Ahmedabad airport, is pictured in a wreckage. (Photo by Punit PARANJPE/AFP)

Ramesh was reluctant to discuss the crash in the interviews, which included a number of British broadcasters, saying it was still “very painful”.

“I constantly get flashbacks.” He told PA, “I just stay awake, I go to bed about three to four hours.

Since the tragedy, Ramesh has not been able to work or drive and has complained to the BBC that he has pain in his legs, shoulder, knee, and back.

He continued, “My wife helps me when I walk, not walking properly, slowly, slowly.”

[VIDEO] ANALYSIS: Will US Carry Out Military Action In Nigeria?

Babajide Ogunsanwo, the founder and chief data analyst for CNNN and the founder of Leadership by Data, has provided insight into the growing diplomatic rift between Nigeria and the United States in response to President Donald Trump’s threats to use force against Christians who claim to have committed genocide.

Ogunsanwo noted that the US position is based on “evidence” that the United States Commission on International Religious Freedom, which has been monitoring Nigeria for a long time, reportedly collected.

He explained that Nigeria’s inclusion on the US list of “countries of particular concern” is consistent with what happened in 2020 under Trump and was later overturned by President Joe Biden.

Read more about how ground operations and air strikes could be US targets in Nigeria.

Ogunsanwo claims that Nigeria’s lessening of Washington’s “perception of value” has also loosened its influence in diplomatic negotiations.

The data analyst added that declining American investments between 2020 and 2024 suggest a cooling trend, revealing Washington’s “less interested” attitude.

Ogunsanwo believes a military operation is still unavoidable, noting that while Trump’s statement received more than 10 million views, US government officials have not yet confirmed any imminent action.

He advised the Nigerian government to provide verifiable information on terrorism and religious freedom in response to the US’s claims.

Trump threatened military action against Nigeria over the weekend for the killings of Christians. He previously directed the Pentagon to create a possible attack plan when he spoke on Sunday while speaking on Air Force One and said he was considering “a lot of things.”

Presidents Bola Tinubu and Donald Trump are a pair.

Trump had earlier stated that if the violence continued, there would be “an existential threat” to Christianity in Nigeria and that U.S. action would be “fast, vicious, and sweet.”

Presidential spokesman Daniel Bwala, who reacted, said Nigeria still supports the United States in the fight against terrorism worldwide but that any support must respect its sovereignty.