Major General Abdullahi Adangba Mohammed (rtd), a former deputy chief of staff to former presidents Olusegun Obasanjo and Umaru Musa Yar’Adua, passed away, according to the Kwara State Government.
He was 86 years old when he passed away in Abuja on November 5, 2025, from an enoscar-related illness.
The late General was described by Kwara State Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq as a “distinct career officer of the Nigerian Army” and a “fine soldier, administrator, and community leader” in a statement.
The governor described the death as a painful end to a promising chapter in Nigeria’s political and military history, saying it was a profound loss for both the Ilorin Emirate and the entire country.
READ MORE: DSS Confirms Prosecution Of Owo Church Attack Suspects, Others
General Adangba held numerous positions throughout his career, including as the military governor of Benue-Plateau State, the NSO director general, national security adviser, and former presidents Yar ‘Adua’s chief of staff.
Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, the Emir of Ilorin, expressed regret for how diligently General Adangba supported the less fortunate and served Nigeria.
He described the deceased as a “proud indigene of Ilorin Emirate and a distinguished Nigerian who used his positions, strength, and wealth to protect and advance the heritage of Ilorin Emirate and humanity as a whole.”
Prof. Wahab Olasupo Egbewole, SAN, the Vice Chancellor of the University of Ilorin, spoke highly of the late General’s significant contribution to the university’s founding.
He recalls that General Adangba’s administration and financial support helped to keep the university running in its early years, which was the building where it was originally housed.
General Adangba, a distinguished son of Nigeria, will be greatly missed, according to Prof. Egbewole.
He condoled the families of the late General, the Kwara State Government, the Emir of Ilorin, the University community, and the government.
Hon. House of Representatives Committee on Health, Chairman. The committee has begun discussions with the Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) leadership to address the ongoing crisis in the health sector, according to Amos Magaji.  ,
He claimed that the action was done to ensure accountability and transparency of government actions.
According to Magaji, who made the declaration on Wednesday on The Morning Brief on Channels Television, the House will no longer be a party to labor disputes between the Federal Government and medical unions. He emphasized that future agreements must be sincere, practical, and reflected in the national budget.
“We have started talking with the Association of Resident Doctors,” said Magaji, “and we have sat down with them.” We want a copy of everything you have done for the Federal Government in terms of compensation, salary adjustments, or allowances. We want to see the government’s decision to increase salaries by a certain percentage in the budget because my committee will be involved in the conflict between the medical workers and the federal government.
The lawmaker complained that previous negotiations had been sparked by untimely strikes in the health sector.
What happens over time is that agreements are made, whether it is with doctors or ASUU, but most of the time, he said, we aren’t sincere in our dispute resolution. You quickly agree with medical doctors and ASUU because you want them to resume their work. However, they work for six months and a year after deciding to end the strike, and those contracts are broken.
In his opinion, transparency is essential to maintaining peace with unions.
Know what you can and cannot do if you want to raise salaries by 5%. He remarked, “Don’t lie, come clean.” “I believe that we won’t have these strikes all the time if we work with our unions on issues of dispute resolution.”
He added that the committee would assess each request made by resident doctors, including those made by the FCT, and categorize them according to timelines and feasibility.
“We will keep an eye on the Federal Government, especially the Ministry of Health, and all other accountable bodies to make sure that whatever we have agreed with the union is carried out in the budget,” said Magaji.
Read more about the seven people who were killed in suspected herdsmen attacks in Benue LGA.
According to him, whatever agreement is reached will be implemented by the House, giving the House a stronger legislative authority to resolve disputes in the health sector.
His remarks come as part of the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD)’s ongoing strike.
The strike directive was issued after the Federal Government had received a 30-day ultimatum over unresolved demands, according to NARD President Mohammad Suleiman in a statement.
The strike action had been approved by the association’s National Executive Council (NEC), which had been stymied for a five-hour meeting.
At the 30th session of the UN Climate Change Conference (COP 30), which is held in Pará State, Brazil’s capital city, to represent President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Vice President Kashim Shettima has arrived in Belem, Brazil.
Under the heading “Climate Action and Implementation,” with an emphasis on adaptation, forests, biodiversity, and climate justice, the summit, which was co-hosted by Brazil’s President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva and international partners, brings together world leaders, development partners, and business executives.
The vice president’s engagements will begin with the leaders’ general meeting, where he will deliver the climate action address for Nigeria.
He will also be present at the Tropical Forest Forever Fund’s launch and the President Lula’s climate and nature roundtable, before attending an Amazonian cocktail reception for head of delegation hosted by the Brazilian President.
According to the Joint Revenue Board of Nigeria (Establishment) Act, 2025, the Federal Government has appointed Dr. John Nwabueze as its tax ombudsman.
Bayo Onanuga, the president’s spokesman, made the disclosure in a statement on Tuesday, claiming that the appointment is in line with President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s commitment to implement comprehensive and sustainable reforms in the tax and revenue administration framework.
The new position brings extensive professional and public service experience, including Dr. John Nwabueze from Delta State’s Oshimili South Local Government Area.
Prior to his appointment, he held positions as the managing partner of a reputable tax advisory firm, technical advisor to the Federal Capital Territory’s Joint Senate Committees, technical advisor to the Chief Economic Advisor to former President Olusegun Obasanjo, and other significant positions in both the public and private sectors.
Read more about Tinubu’s new $1.15 trillion domestic loan to finance the deficit for 2025.
Nwabueze holds two Bachelor of Science degrees in mathematics and accounting from the University of Jos, Nigeria, as well as a Doctor of Business Administration (Finance) degree from Walden University, Minneapolis, USA, and a Master of Science in Accounting from Strayer University, Washington, D.C.
The statement read, “President Tinubu congratulates Nwabueze on this appointment and expresses confidence in his ability to carry out his duties with the highest degree of professionalism,” the statement read.
The Tax Ombudsman was established to improve transparency and accountability within the tax system, foster trust in the administration of taxes, and establish a system for fair and impartial resolution of disputes between revenue authorities and taxpayers.
In accordance with current laws and regulations, the Office is tasked with receiving, reviewing, and resolving complaints involving taxes, levies, regulatory fees, customs duties, excise matters, and other related issues.
The House of Assembly received the 2026 Appropriation Bill worth $897.9 billion on Tuesday from Katsina governor Dikko Radda, who described it as “the most participatory and people-focused budget in the state’s history.”
The Governor explained to lawmakers at the assembly complex that the administration’s “Building Your Future III” budget was intended to strengthen its commitment to community-based development, education, healthcare, agriculture, and security.
Every project, program, and initiative encapsulated in this budget is intended to significantly improve the lives of our citizens. The governor declared that “we are steadfast in making sure that the advantages of governance reach every corner of our state, whether it is rural or urban.”
He claimed that a thorough ward-level consultation that involved 71, 384 people from 316 wards was the start of the 2026 budget. He claimed that the process made sure that community voices were taken into account when formulating budgets.
The participatory budgeting process involved 6, 649 households, and our administration personally managed it for 361 communities. The first time in Katsina’s history that citizens’ priorities are the foundation of a state budget, said Randa to the audience.
The 2026 budget saw education receive the largest sectoral allocation of ₦156.3 billion, followed by Works and Housing (₦117.1bn), Agriculture and Livestock (₦78.6bn), Health (₦67.5bn), Water Resources (₦62.8bn), and Environment (₦53.8bn).
The governor’s claim that nearly 60% of the total budget is made up of these top six ministries, which shows how the administration prioritizes human capital and infrastructure renewal.
Governor Radda reiterated Katsina’s intention to launch a secondary school management board in order to improve student outcomes and keep its reputation as one of Nigeria’s most progressive states in terms of education.
Because the future of Katsina depends on a educated generation, he said, “We are investing in teachers, schools, and facilities.”
READ ALSO: Radda Approves ₦677.6m For 2024/2025 Bursary, Scholarships
Governor Radda pointed out that the 2026 budget allocates 730.1 billion (81.2%) to capital expenditure and 167.7 billion (18.68%) to recurrent costs, a strategic change from previous years’ efforts to accelerate physical development. The budget’s overall size is up 29.7% from the budget for 2025.
This fiscal proposal is both prudent and disciplined. Our goal is to prevent implementation gaps and maintain fiscal balance while promoting sustainable growth, he said.
The governor cited farmer-focused policies, including subsidized seeds, fertilizer, mechanization, and irrigation support, as the reason Katsina had a “bumper harvest season” in his 2025 speech on the government’s performance.
He also reaffirmed the security commitment of his government, noting the success of the Community Watch Corps, the recruitment of 100 volunteers, and the continued cooperation with federal security agencies.
Many local governments have been restored to peace thanks to our community-driven approach to security. He continued, “We are still committed to protecting lives and livelihoods.”
The governor claimed that all the crucial sectors have performed better with the 2025 budget than the previous year’s budget.
Governor Radda thanked Katsina’s development partners for their technical and financial support, including the World Bank, UNICEF, UNDP, FCDO, ISDB, AFDB, and a number of NGOs.
He also praised lawmakers and civil servants for their “unwavering partnership in shaping a brighter Katsina.”
The oversight of the legislature continues to be a pillar of our democracy. We are creating a state that listens, acts, and delivers, he said.
Governor Radda pledged accountability and transparency in the implementation of the budget and urged the Assembly to pass it quickly.
By submitting a budget that reflects the aspirations of our citizens, we have fulfilled our constitutional obligation. He continued, “I have faith that this Honourable House will act quickly so that we can continue providing effective services to our citizens.”
The governor was commended for what he called a “detailed and visionary presentation” of the 2026 budget by the Speaker of the Katsina State House of Assembly, Nasir Daura, in a response.
Your Excellency has ensured that our citizens’ benefit continues to grow while making sure that public resources are properly utilized. According to the Speaker, many once-familiarized communities have since resurrected confidence and stability.
Speaker Yahaya praised the governor’s empowerment initiatives for young people, women, and vulnerable groups, noting how they reduced poverty and promoted governance confidence.
He assured that the House would give each allocation “serious and patriotic attention,” and that committees would “adjust” it to keep it realistic, person-oriented, and in line with the “Building Your Future” blueprint.
The Speaker pledged that “This Honourable House reaffirms its loyalty to the people and is ready to work with the Executive to ensure the budget’s timely passage and effective implementation.”
The Warri-Itakpe railway in Agbor, Delta state over the weekend caused a train derailment, which resulted in two arrests.
The suspects are Blorie Kokori and Mudansuru Mutari, according to a statement from the Nigerian Railway Corporation on Tuesday.
The suspects are currently being interrogated by the police in Delta state, according to NRC Managing Director Kayode Opeifa, and will likely be transferred to Abuja for more information about the train’s sabotage.
According to him, operatives from the NRC Police Command worked with local security agents to apprehend the suspects on Tuesday, November 4, 2025, at Kilometer 208 before Abraka, Delta State.
Their direct involvement in tampering with crucial rail track components was revealed through preliminary investigations and their confessional statements.
READ MORE: The NRC Suspends Services Four Days After Resumption of Warri-Itakpe Train After It Derails
At Kilometer 212+8 meters, close to Agbor, two of the seven Warri–Itakpe Train Service (WITS) coaches were pulled out by the derailment.
According to Opeifa, preliminary investigations suggested that suspected track vandalism may have contributed to the incident, which occurred on Saturday at around 7.30pm.
Additionally, the NRC boss added that a thorough security and safety audit of the track and related infrastructure was conducted on Sunday as a precautionary measure.
The NRC boss praised the Railway Police Command and community security networks for their swift and coordinated response, citing the Corporation’s zero-tolerance vandalism policy, and describing the incident as economic.
On Sunday, November 2, 2025, Opeifa confirmed that the restoration and complete re-railment of the Warri–Itakpe track had been completed.
He also provided assurance that regular train service on the corridor will resume on Wednesday, November 5, 2025, following the inspection and operational audit.
The NRC boss assured passengers and other stakeholders that the company would continue to uphold the highest standards of safety and reliability while also increasing surveillance, deploying advanced security systems, and boosting community involvement along all railroad corridors.