Archive August 2, 2025

Dalman dismisses Cardiff takeover talk as ‘fiction’

Images courtesy of Getty

Mehmet Dalman, the club’s chairman, has dismissed the notion that it is close to being sold as “fiction.”

Gareth Bale, a former Wales and Real Madrid forward, has made it known that a consortium he is leading has made offers to buy the Bluebirds, despite reports of takeover offers from a South African-based company.

Although Dalman acknowledged that potential suitors had made informal inquiries, only one of them, who they are “seriously,” said club owner Vincent Tan was not interested in selling.

The chairman also refuted rumors that he was thinking about buying Cardiff from Tan.

The Bluebirds return to League One action on Saturday against Peterborough United, after being eliminated from the championship last year.

This is a fantastic piece of fiction. No one from a South African consortium came to see me, let me be absolutely clear, Dalman said.

“We don’t want anyone to look at this club around.” We have never spoken to the authorities, the English Football League, or anyone in between.

I’ve never attempted to form a group to take over this. I have never expressed an interest in acquiring this club. I traveled with Vincent, and I’m going most of the way.

“A number of groups are attempting to buy this club on the cheap, so they’re pulling these stories out.” We simply need to [kill] the stories. Promoting is what we’re trying to do.

The takeover discussion has gotten more heated when Bale revealed in June that his consortium had approached the Bluebirds about buying his home club, for the first time ever by anyone on the board of Cardiff.

The group claimed in July that a second offer had been made, and Gary Otto, a legendary former Welsh captain, was rumored to be leading a rival bid.

Dalman expressed his appreciation for their interest, but he questioned whether it was serious.

Every team that is relegated receives calls because some people are looking for value purchases, he said.

We have approaches all the time. The majority of them are pitiful. Some of them are convincing.

We did, of course, make approaches, but that is not a bid. When people rung up, you’d be surprised at how low some of the numbers were.

I need to know who they are in their entirety in order for me to take anyone seriously. I require reliable financial institution proof, preferably from a credible source. I need to know their accountants and attorneys, as well as their accountants. I don’t have an offer until they give me those four things.

Tan may be sold at the appropriate price, according to Dalman’s previous statement.

The owner of Cardiff would prefer to sell in the Championship or, ideally, return to the Premier League, where they have spent two seasons while they have been in charge, after their relegation last season.

Two seasons ago, when Cardiff was in the Championship, a “cast-iron” offer was on the table, according to Dalman, but Tan was reluctant to sell even then.

Dalman remarked, “I would not want to sell at this level.” I want to see this team compete in the Championship, which is where they should be.

Two seasons ago, when we were in the Championship and offered a cast-iron offer, things were very close. And that was the closest we could get to selling.

“We recently completed a valuation of about £40 million. Because this is a Premier League catchment area and stadium, I believe you can ask for a premium.

“If you stretch it, it could be worth £50 million. Do you want to sell a Championship club if it is worth $100 million? It could be worth $400 million in the Premier League.

related subjects

  • Cardiff City
  • League One
  • Football

Faithless star Maxi Jazz leaves jaw-dropping sum in will with huge donation to charity

The musician’s will has revealed the staggering sum that Maxi Jazz left behind after his passing, some of which was set aside for donation to a Buddhist charity.

Probate records have been released revealing the fortune Faithless frontman Maxi Jazz left behind(Image: Redferns)

Faithless frontman Maxi Jazz left behind a £3 million fortune in his will, along with an impressive gift to a Buddhist charity close to his heart.

The pioneering dance music star, born Maxwell Fraser, died in December 2022 at the age of 65 following a long illness. Jazz was the voice behind Faithless anthems like Insomnia, God Is A DJ and We Come 1.

Newly released probate records reveal that the musician’s estate was valued at £3,119,567 before deductions, with around £60,000 reduced due to costs. It comes after Sir Michael Palin says he is preparing for the end of his life in sad update.

Katie Price worries fans with appearance in family photo after explaining weight lossCruz Beckham ‘steals’ his dad’s tiny white trunks and family have epic response

A street art mural of Maxi Jazz
The musician also left a hefty donation to a Buddhist charity(Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

According to The Sun, 20 percent of the estate, amounting to approximately £624,000, was left to Soka Gakkai International (SGI), a global Buddhist charity.

After a girlfriend introduced jazz to SGI’s Nichiren Buddhism in the early 1990s, Jazz devotedly followed it. SGI teaches that chanting and personal empowerment can transform someone’s life. The group has attracted criticism from some former members despite having a large following, and it continues to be a contentious topic in international religious circles.

According to the 2019 will, which the High Court approved last week, friends and his niece Michaela will inherit her share of the estate. There were no children for Maxi Jazz.

Jazz was born in Brixton, South London, and he was the first to make waves on pirate radio in the 1980s before co-founding Faithless in 1995, at the age of nearly 40. Before discovering Buddhism, he once said that the group’s name reflected his sense of spiritual emptiness.

Insomnia, the group’s breakout single, was written while a painful tooth abscess made you sleepless night. Jazz claimed that his only constant was his music writing. The song is still a defining anthem of the era and quickly became a club classic.

Jazz and Faithless played in concert at large festival gatherings, including a 100, 000-strong audience at Glastonbury in 2002, before leaving in 2016 to start new musical projects with his blues-reggae band, Maxi Jazz &amp, The E-Type Boys.

Faithless paid tribute to the frontman with a sincere statement that read, “He was a man who changed our lives in so many ways. He gave our music its proper message and meaning. He also had time for everyone, and he had a profound and accessible wisdom. Working with him was a great honor and, of course, a real pleasure.

He had a brilliant voice, a brilliant DJ, a brilliant stage presence, endless talk, beautiful person, moral compass, and genius.

Jazz was a devoted Crystal Palace supporter as well, and he joined the South London football team as an associate director in 2012. Players in his honor walked out of Selhurst Park after his passing to pay tribute to him at Faithless Music.

Continue reading the article.

Club chairman Steve Parish also commemorated him, saying: “He was such a huge talent, a massive supporter of the club in every way and just a wonderful kind-hearted man. He made the world dance, sing and laugh and someone I was privileged to call a friend. RIP Maxi.”

Mbeumo to make Man Utd debut against Everton

Images courtesy of Getty

Bryan Mbeumo will make his debut for Manchester United against Everton on Sunday in Atlanta, but uncertainty surrounds the club’s pursuit of RB Leipzig frontman Benjamin Sesko.

Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha are both members of United’ £130 million summer investment, but his first appearance was postponed because Brentford’s pre-season training began a week after Ruben Amorim’s squad, despite the fact that he was not yet on the same level of fitness as his new team-mates.

When asked if Mbeumo would play against Everton in the final game of the three-game Premier League Summer Series, Amorim said, “he is going to play.”

Given that minority owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe predicted the club might have “gone bust by Christmas” without the significant cost reductions, United’s overall summer spending is surprising.

According to club sources, Marcus Rashford’s £325, 000 salary was fully covered during his loan spell at Barcelona, various sell-on clauses that were activated this summer, and the payment schedules that were put in place with Wolves and Brentford following Cunha and Mbeumo’s arrivals, all of which are just as valid as reasons why they can still spend.

On Friday, United sources reported that Sesko’s attempts were going on.

However, later reports emerged in the forward’s native Slovenia claiming that he had chosen to join Newcastle. On the most recent reports, neither club has officially commented.

Even if Sesko did decide to increase the club’s overall spending to about $ 200 million, Amorim will still face issues, most notably the goalkeeper.

Andre Onana will likely continue to be Amorim’s first choice, in the interim.

After suffering a hamstring injury on his second day of pre-season training, the Cameroon international has been working hard to improve his fitness in the United States.

Although it’s unlikely that he will play against Everton, Onana could play a part in the final friendly at Old Trafford, where former United keeper David de Gea and former United keeper David de Gea will play.

We constantly strive to improve the team, and we have some traits we want. However, sales and the market are both important factors, Amorim said.

related subjects

  • Manchester United
  • Football

Mbeumo to make Man Utd debut in Everton friendly

Images courtesy of Getty

Bryan Mbeumo will make his debut for Manchester United against Everton on Saturday in Atlanta, but uncertainty surrounds the club’s pursuit of RB Leipzig frontman Benjamin Sesko.

Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha are both members of United’ £130 million summer investment, but his first appearance was postponed because Brentford’s pre-season training began a week after Ruben Amorim’s squad, despite the fact that he was not yet on the same level of fitness as his new team-mates.

When asked if Mbeumo would play against Everton in the final game of the three-game Premier League Summer Series, Amorim said, “he is going to play.”

Given that minority owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe predicted the club might have “gone bust by Christmas” without the significant cost reductions, United’s overall summer spending is surprising.

According to club sources, Marcus Rashford’s £325, 000 salary was fully covered during his loan spell at Barcelona, various sell-on clauses that were activated this summer, and the payment schedules that were put in place with Wolves and Brentford following Cunha and Mbeumo’s arrivals, all of which are just as valid as reasons why they can still spend.

On Friday, United sources reported that Sesko’s attempts were going on.

However, later reports emerged in the forward’s native Slovenia claiming that he had chosen to join Newcastle. On the most recent reports, neither club has officially commented.

Even if Sesko did decide to increase the club’s overall spending to about $ 200 million, Amorim will still face issues, most notably the goalkeeper.

Andre Onana will likely continue to be Amorim’s first choice, in the interim.

After suffering a hamstring injury on his second day of pre-season training, the Cameroon international has been working hard to improve his fitness in the United States.

Although it’s unlikely that he will play against Everton, Onana could play a part in the final friendly at Old Trafford, where former United keeper David de Gea and former United keeper David de Gea will play.

We constantly strive to improve the team, and we have some traits we want. However, sales and the market are both important factors, Amorim said.

related subjects

  • Manchester United
  • Football

Mbeumo to make Man Utd debut in Everton friendly

Images courtesy of Getty

Bryan Mbeumo will make his debut for Manchester United against Everton on Saturday in Atlanta, but uncertainty surrounds the club’s pursuit of RB Leipzig frontman Benjamin Sesko.

Mbeumo and Matheus Cunha are both members of United’ £130 million summer investment, but his first appearance was postponed because Brentford’s pre-season training began a week after Ruben Amorim’s squad, despite the fact that he was not yet on the same level of fitness as his new team-mates.

When asked if Mbeumo would play against Everton in the final game of the three-game Premier League Summer Series, Amorim said, “he is going to play.”

Given that minority owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe predicted the club might have “gone bust by Christmas” without the significant cost reductions, United’s overall summer spending is surprising.

According to club sources, Marcus Rashford’s £325, 000 salary was fully covered during his loan spell at Barcelona, various sell-on clauses that were activated this summer, and the payment schedules that were put in place with Wolves and Brentford following Cunha and Mbeumo’s arrivals, all of which are just as valid as reasons why they can still spend.

On Friday, United sources reported that Sesko’s attempts were going on.

However, later reports emerged in the forward’s native Slovenia claiming that he had chosen to join Newcastle. On the most recent reports, neither club has officially commented.

Even if Sesko did decide to increase the club’s overall spending to about $ 200 million, Amorim will still face issues, most notably the goalkeeper.

Andre Onana will likely continue to be Amorim’s first choice, in the interim.

After suffering a hamstring injury on his second day of pre-season training, the Cameroon international has been working hard to improve his fitness in the United States.

Although it’s unlikely that he will play against Everton, Onana could play a part in the final friendly at Old Trafford, where former United keeper David de Gea and former United keeper David de Gea will play.

We constantly strive to improve the team, and we have some traits we want. However, sales and the market are both important factors, Amorim said.

related subjects

  • Manchester United
  • Football

Inside Arsenal’s tour of Singapore and Hong Kong

Images courtesy of Getty

Arsenal is now looking forward to winning their first trophy since 2020 after wrapping up their pre-season tour of Singapore and Hong Kong.

Manager Mikel Arteta’s plans for this pre-season were heavily influenced by his. Before the entire group traveled to Spain and Asia, he came across the idea to organize the voluntary player training camp in June.

Last year, injuries cost the Gunners a lot of money, and Arteta has previously noted how taking too much of a break causes players to break after a while of rest. The camps were created to accelerate their progress.

All three Gunners’ opponents mentioned Arsenal’s level of performance, and Arteta himself believes there has been a click because the pre-season work appeared to have the desired effect.

At the club’s Singaporean debut, center-back Gabriel Magalhaes and center-back Arteta made reference to the pressure to win a trophy in interviews and during his first press conference of the tour, along with large posters that read “ready for new heights.”

With his relentless work ethic, sporting director Andrea Berta has impressed fans at the club since his first transfer window with Arsenal.

The signings were planned last season, with Arteta removing his “tier status” system and discussing how the club could improve the squad.

The manager is acting in a different way given the demands of the football schedule. “Tier one” players were guaranteed starters.

The ideal illustration is Madueke’s signing. The England international, 23, was signed for £48.5 million with the idea that the team’s situation might not be affected by Bukayo Saka’s absence.

Return to it as soon as possible

Arsenal players trainingImages courtesy of Getty

Players both on and off the field are inexplicably demanding during pre-season tours.

Throughout the 12-day tour, Adidas was regularly present around the team hotel for promotional events, kit launches, and fan events.

After the win over Newcastle, the squad did have some downtime for golf and a few evenings out in Singapore. Players then headed to a bar in the Marina Bay Area.

The players faced off against the coaching staff during sessions, but the majority of the work was done during the day.

Arteta does this with good intentions. Even in pre-game press conferences, the manager dislikes disclosing information to his rivals.

There are no first and second teams, but instead the two groups of players who were grouped during the sessions are facing off against one another.

The player who altered the club’s fortunes

Viktor Gyokeres’ arrival for a deal worth up to £64 million was the biggest highlight of the tour.

Gyokores and Arteta traveled to Singapore on a commercial flight with sporting director Berta to arrive before the friendly against Newcastle because they wanted to get them with the team as soon as possible.

Gyokeres and the staff were curious to see how the team would respond to him and his arrival, which was an intriguing dynamic.

Gyokeres, who also wears the 14 shirt worn by Arsenal’s all-time top goalscorer Thierry Henry, is believed to have the physical and mental capacity to handle the pressure of playing at the top nine.

Viktor Gyokeres playing for ArsenalImages courtesy of Getty

Changes made to the video game industry

There was a noticeable change in the way Arsenal played during the tour.

Arteta views friendships as tests because of its high level of complacency.

The intention to move the ball forward more quickly seems to be at a higher tempo in the play so far.

Ethan Nwaneri played the team’s first two matches in the center, a sign that Arsenal sees his future after a breakthrough season in the right. There are also indications of how the team will advance.

The directness of Eddie Howe’s side and the ability to handle Eddie Howe’s physical challenge were on display when Newcastle came home.

Arsenal has once more made a point of hiring physical players. Strong players like Garyes, Christian Norgaard, and Cristhian Mosquera are all strong, and fans have begun to notice Martin Zubimendi’s stature.

They will emulate Gyokeres and make use of both his intimidating physical style and his apparent ability to “burst through center-backs.”

Particularly against Newcastle, there was a focus on goal threat. Arsenal used runs in behind the defense to break lines and launch shots more quickly.

One of the highlights of the tour is Dowman.

JavaScript must be enabled in your browser to play this video.

Max Dowman, 15, has been a magnet for excitement for a long time, but the club is cautious with him because of his age and the demands of playing top-level football.

Similar to the rest of the senior professionals in the Arsenal squad, Dowman’s physical output in both youth and training matches.

Arsenal are aware that Dowman needs to be eased into scenarios to see how he responds to the physical challenges of elite football despite the fact that they have a highly talented player on their hands.

In all three friendlies, Saka was replaced by Dowman, who will most likely take Madueke’s place once he is fully developed.

related subjects

  • Arsenal
  • Football