The Los Angeles fire is said to have destroyed more than 10,000 homes, many of which are commercial.
So far, at least 11 lives have been reported lost in the incident.
For some, it provided a first glimpse into the tragic reality of the loss of life as the region’s 13 million people battled the enormous challenge of resolving the disaster and rebuilding.
As the Palisades Fire moved northeast, a new outbreak in Southern California has reportedly prompted more stringent evacuation orders.

The most recent order, according to Fox News, runs north along Sunset Boulevard to Encino Reservoir and westward to Mandeville Canyon from the 405 Freeway. Brentwood has also been threatened.
The Getty Center Dr. and Skirball Center Dr. off-ramps are now closed on both I-405 northbound and I-405 southbound.
Los Angeles Fire Department Capt. says, “The Palisades Fire has a new significant flare-up on the eastern portion of the fire and continues to move northeast.” Erik Scott told KTLA.

The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office said a , curfew is now in effect , from 6 p. m. to 6 a. m.  , in all mandatory evacuation areas impacted by the Palisades and Eaton wildfires. Residents were advised to avoid these locations in order to protect themselves and allow first responders to work efficiently by the sheriff’s office.
The curfew will be strictly enforced and violators may face serious consequences, including fines of up to $1, 000 or possible imprisonment, the sheriff’s office said.

Trump is invited to a tour of the wildfire devastation in California, according to Newsom.
California Gov. As the president-elect visits California’s wildfire devastation as he prepares to take office once more, Governor-elect Trump was invited by Governor-elect Trump on Friday.
In a letter addressed to Trump at Mar-a-Lago, Newsom wrote that his organization is appreciative that Biden “swappfully approved our major disaster declaration – a significant indication of the partnership California needs and values with any federal administration.”
But he added that “the threat to lives and property remains acute” and that Trump should visit the state as he prepares to take office in two weeks to “meet with the Americans affected by these fires, witness the destruction firsthand, and join me and others in thanking the heroic firefighters and first responders who are putting their lives on the line.”

He brought back memories of his previous trips to California during his first term by touring the Camp Fire in Paradise, California, the state’s most deadly wildfire, and the Woolsey Fire near Malibu, both of which he visited during his first term.
We must not politicize human tragedy or spread false information from the sidelines, according to the spirit of this great nation. “Sortiments of thousands of Americans who have been displaced from their homes and are worried about the future deserve to see all of us working together to ensure a quick recovery and rebuild,” he wrote.
Newsom and other California Democrats have been blamed for the fire’s destruction by Trump.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Go To Southern California To Help Hurricane Victims of Wildfire
As the region’s wildfires continue to sweep through the area, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are working together to support Southern California’s victims and relief efforts.
The couple made their second visit to Pasadena on Friday, when they met with Mayor Victor Gordo about ongoing recovery efforts,  , Fox 11 , reported.
According to the outlet, the pair gave food to families who had been displaced by the fires earlier this week.
“In the last few days, wildfires in Southern California have raged through neighbourhoods and devastated families, homes, schools, medical care centres, and so much more – affecting tens of thousands from all walks of life. A state of emergency has been issued”, the pair wrote on their website Thursday, describing the situation in Southern California.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex also provided a list of organizations actively helping , wildfire victims.

All LAUSD Schools Remain Closed
Alberto M. Carvalho, superintendent of LAUSD, claimed that the L.A. district was “a. The county school district will continue to be closed, and on Sunday, officials will decide whether to reopen.
In a Friday evening update, he stated, “We appreciate your patience as we respond to your concerns about fire and air quality across the region.” “Fire and wind conditions have remained dynamic and unstable despite improvements in air quality and fire containment.”
We will continue evaluating conditions and providing a preliminary update on Saturday regarding air quality levels and prevailing conditions because the safety and well-being of our students and employees are our top priorities, he said. “A final decision will be made Sunday”.
Evacuation Orders Issued
As the Palisades Fire spread and grew stronger on Friday evening, new evacuation orders were issued close to Encino Reservoir.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department (LAFD) issued the new set of evacuation orders at 7 p. m. local time, warning residents to seek shelter.
The LAFD advised residents to “evacuate now from the area of Sunset to Mandeville to Encino Reservoir to the 405 freeway.” “Those who are not in the evacuation area should make their home.”
Fast Facts:
- The Palisades Fire, Eaton Fire, Kenneth Fire, Hurst Fire and Lidia Fire have burned more than 27, 000 acres in the Los Angeles area, officials say.
- At least 11 people have died as a result of the Eaton and Palisades fires, according to the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner. According to Anthony Marrone, the LA County Fire Department’s chief, the growth of that fire has “become significantly stopped.”
- L. A. According to county sheriff Robert Luna, 20 people have been detained so far for looting in the southern California wildfires.
- As of Friday morning, the fires have destroyed more than 10, 000 homes and buildings, according to local officials, while 153, 000 people are under evacuation.
Source: Channels TV
Leave a Reply