Cristiano Ronaldo says he is happy at Al-Nassr following doubts over his future at the Saudi Arabian club.
The 41-year-old Portuguese had reportedly been unhappy with how the club were being run by Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) and missed three recent games.
He returned last week and after scoring twice in Saturday’s 4-0 win over Al-Hazem, which sent his side one point clear at the top of the Saudi Pro League, insisted he wanted to stay.
“I’m very happy,” the Portugal international told Saudi broadcaster Thmanyah. “As I say so many times, I belong to Saudi Arabia.
“It’s a country that has welcomed me very well, and my family and my friends. I’m happy here, I want to continue here.
“The most important thing is we keep pushing [for the league title], we are there at the top. We do our job, we win, make pressure, let’s see at the end of the season.”
Ronaldo moved to the Middle East in December 2022, shortly after his contract with Manchester United was terminated by mutual agreement, becoming the best-paid player in football history with an annual salary of £177m.
But since his arrival, the 10-time league champions have only won the 2023 Arab Club Champions Cup.
Related topics
- Football
- 17 October 2025

- 16 August 2025


Leave a Reply