Glasner’s Crystal Palace future in serious doubt

Glasner’s Crystal Palace future in serious doubt

To play this video you need to enable JavaScript in your browser.

Alex Howell

Football reporter
  • 174 Comments

Oliver Glasner’s future as Crystal Palace manager is in serious doubt after the club’s poor run of form.

The Austrian manager has already announced that he will leave the club in the summer when his current contract expires.

But a section of Palace’s away support turned on the 51-year-old during Thursday’s 1-1 draw against Zrinjski Mostar in the Europa Conference League, chanting “we want Glasner out”.

Sources have told BBC Sport that the club is now considering Glasner’s position after a run of just one win from their last 15 games.

‘I take responsibility’

Palace beat rivals Brighton earlier this in February but they have failed to win a home game since November.

Speaking before Sunday’s game against Wolves, Glasner said: “I’m always realistic, and we’re not in the best moment right now. I understand, and I take responsibility for everything because I’m responsible for the whole team.

“Right now, I’m just not good enough to replace the players we sold. I’m just not good enough to integrate the new players in a way to play the same way like we did, and I’m not good enough that we can cope with the schedule we had.

“On the other side, I was good enough to play the best season ever [and] win two trophies.

“We are playing a better Premier League season than [in] eight of the last 10 seasons. We play European football, and that is the reality.”

Glasner is the most successful manager in the club’s history having won the FA Cup last season and the Community Shield.

Related topics

  • Premier League
  • Crystal Palace
  • Football

More on this story

  • Selhurst Park
  • Ask Me Anything logo
Source: BBC
234Radio

234Radio is Africa's Premium Internet Radio that seeks to export Africa to the rest of the world.