Emile Smith Rowe’s winning goal gave 10-man England Under-21s a narrow victory against Andorra in a European Championship qualifier.
Rhian Brewster had earlier been sent off after collecting a second yellow card 10 minutes into the second half.
England stay third in Group G, behind the Czech Republic and Albania.
It had looked like being another disappointing night for Lee Carsley’s side, who let a two-goal lead slip in their draw in Slovenia.
The Young Lions were lacklustre throughout, rarely playing with the pace or fluidity to trouble the hosts who have now lost all five of their Group G fixtures.
An unmarked Brewster missed a great chance four minutes before being sent off, while Marc Guehi also headed a good opportunity wide.
However, there was very little else to get excited about in a scrappy contest that was settled by one moment of quality.
- 14BabotSubstituted forBienertat 53′minutes
- 10ValesBooked at 67mins
- 7Pubill dos SantosSubstituted forNkounkouat 84′minutes
- 8De las HerasBooked at 84mins
- 9FernándezSubstituted forSolaat 84′minutes
- 11RosasSubstituted forRenteat 75′minutesBooked at 90mins
- 16Cerqueira Carvalho
- 3ThomasBooked at 50mins
- 18GarnerSubstituted forJonesat 57′minutes
- 20PalmerSubstituted forAbreu de Almeida Gomesat 65′minutes
- 7BrewsterBooked at 55mins
- 10Smith RoweSubstituted forBalogunat 90′minutes
- 23Abreu de Almeida Gomes
- Igor Stojchevski
Match ends, Andorra U21 0, England U21 1.